Dewalltheway's - "The 125G" - Page 11
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 08-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #151
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (134/99%)

The pics above is with all the lighting on and the Atomic Inline diffuser running which makes the water seem a bit cloudy. Here are some pics when the PC lights go out and I have just my LED's on and the diffuser is off..

Full Tank Shot

Right Side

Middle

Left Side

Angled
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2012, 05:50 AM   #152
garloki72
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)

Just went through this whole thread and all I can say is WOW! The tank is more than amazing and your quite the handyman!
Old 08-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #153
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by garloki72 View Post
Just went through this whole thread and all I can say is WOW! The tank is more than amazing and your quite the handyman!
Thanks so much for the wonderful comment.

I just went back thru my whole journal as well and I have to say that I am glad I went with the smaller rocks and moved the one stump. It has made the tank look bigger and so much better. Also, I can't believe that it was over 2 months since I last updated and it took me 4 months to install my drain line, which btw works great!

I will try and snap some pics of the fish room and drain line and also I built a new light hood which works really well.

I also wanted to let people know that the LED's I bought really don't grow the plants very well and that is why I added my 48" CF light back on this tank. I will say though that the LED's cast a beautiful light and the shimmering effect is awesome.

I bought some blue night time LED's from Fosters & Smith last night so should get them installed later this week.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #154
sketch804
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (44/100%)

Ya I am with the other guy; the over all layout and follow through of your plan, design, and implementation of it all is just flawless to say the least! I really like the LED's effect on the tank, too bad they don't grow plants well, but they make the whole tank seem more natural in general. I think everything just flows well together feels like a river. I like this setup better than the last, but I believe IMO if you let those vals on the left grow behind and out of the left driftwood, it would help hid the inflow line and keep the natural feeling. but just a thought ha...
sketch804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #155
ROZDAB
Planted Member

PTrader: (18/100%)

Your art/tank/skills are very inspirational and I love those rainbows you have.

You are a natural.

Great job with everything and your family must love it!!!!
ROZDAB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 02:36 AM   #156
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

It has been quite awhile since my last update but not really a whole lot has changed. I am working slowly at getting my narrow leaf java fern to grow out around the base of my wood and I am going to use christmas moss all along the front of the rocks as I get more of it. I have organized my fish room more and finalized the light hood above my tank. Still a long road ahead until it looks the way I want it to look. Here are some pics...

Old 11-30-2012, 03:35 AM   #157
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (57/100%)

wow, thats an awesome fishroom.
and a good looking tank. did i mention i love the rainbowfish?
Old 11-30-2012, 05:08 AM   #158
MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marko@ View Post
and a good looking tank.
Couldn't have said it better. Amazing. I really like how you have your drift wood set up.
Old 11-30-2012, 05:24 AM   #159
hydrophyte
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (142/100%)

That is awesome! What a wonderful way to display those thick, chunky fish. How long have you had those rainbows for?
hydrophyte is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 05:33 AM   #160
Meganne
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

wOw!! beautiful!
Old 11-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #161
LyzzaRyzz
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (16/100%)

Oh jeez! Just read through, and I can believe you have this amazing set up! I can only hope to have the luck and skill to have what you have one day!

LyzzaRyzz's Tanks and More! - http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=226122
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 09:30 AM   #162
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Very beautiful tank! Your fish do look incredible. Your rockwork is so nice and I can't tell you how much I love that dw!

Another member, Meggane I believe is her username, just got an odd shaped tank and she's looking for ideas. She has a lot of height and something like this might be the ticket! You should go talk to her Your scape design could be just what she needs to see to help her in her planning!

BTW, I want your fish room! So organized and well, just awesome!

Last edited by Amandas tank; 11-30-2012 at 09:49 AM.. Reason: sp
Amandas tank is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2012, 01:01 PM   #163
dewalltheway
Wannabe Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marko@ View Post
and a good looking tank. did i mention i love the rainbowfish?
Thanks! (And you may have mentioned the rainbowfish before )

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS View Post
Couldn't have said it better. Amazing. I really like how you have your drift wood set up.
Thank you. It took me awhile to find the right kind of driftwood I wanted to use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrophyte View Post
That is awesome! What a wonderful way to display those thick, chunky fish. How long have you had those rainbows for?
I had to do some digging on the age of the Rainbows but the best that I can find is since 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meganne View Post
wOw!! beautiful!
Thanks so much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyzzaRyzz View Post
Oh jeez! Just read through, and I can believe you have this amazing set up! I can only hope to have the luck and skill to have what you have one day!
Thank you....and let me say that it is not luck at all but this wonderful forum and the wealth of information it and the people here contain. I spent hours researching, reading and asking members questions to get where I am at today and I still have so much more to learn. So many people here want others to succeed and if I can be of any help to you, please let me know!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amandas tank View Post
Very beautiful tank! Your fish do look incredible. Your rockwork is so nice and I can't tell you how much I love that dw!

Another member, Meggane I believe is her username, just got an odd shaped tank and she's looking for ideas. She has a lot of height and something like this might be the ticket! You should go talk to her Your scape design could be just what she needs to see to help her in her planning!

BTW, I want your fish room! So organized and well, just awesome!
Thanks so much for the wonderful comments!

I have to give thanks to Frank Wazeter with Aqua Design Amano USA for his help with the driftwood. He took time out of his busy schedule to go out into their warehouse and pull out pieces of driftwood, take pics and send them to me. I just gave him an idea of what I was looking for and after many pics, decided on these 4.

I will look her up and see if I can help or point her in the right direction.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #164
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

That was a great video you posted in her thread! Thank you It appears she had seen your journal before I did. I noticed her name qouted above mine. Well I'm glad she's since your scape!
Old 11-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #165
alipper
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (14/100%)

Just skimmed through the thread quick to look at the pictures...WOW. Great job, lots of credit for the stand/base for the tank. A++.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.