What did you pick up today? - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 11-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #16
blink
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Black Friday hasn't really caught on up here but we got an Exoterra enclosure for my wife's new king snake, a crate for my brother's new dog and I got a 28" bubble wall because it was on clearance for $1.47.

There weren't too many deals to be had at petsmart and I didn't feel like opening their website and forcing them to pricematch (they usually will) because I still haven't done ANY christmas shopping for my family lol
blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 09:22 AM   #17
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

Picked up two types of windelov java fern, star grass and some type of hygro with a friend.
Old 11-24-2012, 11:05 AM   #18
chibikaie
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
Picked up two types of windelov java fern, star grass and some type of hygro with a friend.
I didn't know there were two types of windelov. And mine is making babies, you should have said you wanted some! (I can grow three plants super well: Java fern, duckweed, and water sprite. The rest? Whoops.)

And yeah ... but ... I don't know. I shudder when I think about dumping 15 gallons of water down the drain. Besides which, I remember having coordination issues with the 55 gallon years ago. After a few changes, I settled on using it to fill only and was much happier. It was long enough ago that I can't remember anything other than an intense irritation.
chibikaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:43 PM   #19
mach_six
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Option View Post
I too contemplated this for a long time, starring at the last one in petsmart soho....right before they closed. 50% off!!!! I know I'm gonna regret it later.
When it's a good deal, no matter what, buy first then return later if you don't want it.
mach_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:20 PM   #20
Xavier10
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blink View Post
Black Friday hasn't really caught on up here but we got an Exoterra enclosure for my wife's new king snake, a crate for my brother's new dog and I got a 28" bubble wall because it was on clearance for $1.47.

There weren't too many deals to be had at petsmart and I didn't feel like opening their website and forcing them to pricematch (they usually will) because I still haven't done ANY christmas shopping for my family lol
Woo a snake.
Xavier10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #21
finsNfur
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chibikaie View Post
I didn't know there were two types of windelov. And mine is making babies, you should have said you wanted some! (I can grow three plants super well: Java fern, duckweed, and water sprite.
Hey, glad to hear your java fern and water sprite is thriving! (you got it from me, lol)

I haven't bought anything new for my tanks in a while, and I'm getting the urge. I did answer a CL ad from someone looking to give some fish away, though. Goldfish, mollies and a guppy, I suspect they were all kept together. I'm just waiting to hear back from them, I always feel bad for fish that people are getting rid of for one reason or another.
finsNfur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:26 PM   #22
VivaDaWolf
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

finsnfur?

not..furnfins?
VivaDaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:19 PM   #23
chibikaie
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaDaWolf View Post
finsnfur?

not..furnfins?
Yes! Believe me, that threw me for a loop. But she is where I got loads of really nice Java fern (HI!), which mysteriously did not die and fooled me into thinking I could handle less apocalypse-proof plants.

And now I haunt y'all mercilessly.

Last edited by chibikaie; 11-26-2012 at 11:22 PM.. Reason: ..
chibikaie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #24
Xavier10
Algae Grower

Today I finally bought a water changer ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354047553.610511.jpg more water conditioner and air line stuff. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1354047658.288864.jpg small filter for my 10 gallon betta tank.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:04 PM   #25
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

i also picked up a new hat and sneakers.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:53 PM   #26
Fuze
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (27/100%)

I got a heater for my nano!

Thanks Albert.
Fuze is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 07:30 PM   #27
shloken38
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Went to pick up assassin snails that I asked one store to get, ended up with 4 nice looking cherry barbs as well. The dang wife took all my cash, and there was a $10 minimum to use the debit card! Guess I'll be adding a few more cherries real soon.....

Also have some plants coming in. Forgot which ones, because I ordered the week before Thanksgiving and told the seller to hold until this week. Should be in today or tomorrow. Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!
2.5 Gallon - Pea Puffer
5.5 Gallon - RCS, Ghost Shrimp, Ember Tetras, Sparkling Gouramis, Bumble Bee Gobies
10 Gallon - Pure Black Bar Endlers
29 Gallon - Planted Community - Cherry Barbs, Neon Tetras, Various Cory Cats, Albino Bristlenose Pleco
shloken38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:40 PM   #28
Xavier10
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by shloken38 View Post
Went to pick up assassin snails that I asked one store to get, ended up with 4 nice looking cherry barbs as well. The dang wife took all my cash, and there was a $10 minimum to use the debit card! Guess I'll be adding a few more cherries real soon.....

Also have some plants coming in. Forgot which ones, because I ordered the week before Thanksgiving and told the seller to hold until this week. Should be in today or tomorrow. Yesssssssssssssssssssssss!!
Dope yea I gotta pick up some assassin snails from one of the members on here hope he still have them when I finally have time to get them.