What earphones do you use? - Page 7
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 11-07-2012, 06:11 PM   #91
MABJ
Invert Warrior

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
Or if you really want to sssstttttttrrrrrrrreeeeeeettttttccccccccchhhhhhhhh hhhhhh that budget, the Denon D2000 are a hifi bass lover's dream.
I haven't been ignoring this thread. Just silently watching the earphones suggested.

Just wanted to say these will be my next set of headphones, as a self reward for my first job out of college. I've read up on them, and for the money, they really suit me well. Thanks for that suggestion.

MABJ's iDevice used for this message :p
Mark A Belcher Junior, founder -- DBP Club.
MABJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2012, 07:53 PM   #92
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABJ View Post
I haven't been ignoring this thread. Just silently watching the earphones suggested.

Just wanted to say these will be my next set of headphones, as a self reward for my first job out of college. I've read up on them, and for the money, they really suit me well. Thanks for that suggestion.

An excellent choice. They are a cheaper alternative to the AKG K550's.

I would suggest you grab them as soon as you can, as production on the D2000 have already stopped.

I wish I had grabbed a pair of D7000s....

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #93
MABJ
Invert Warrior

Oh dang.. Why did production stop? They're in my budget but they're too expensive overall for right now. I hope either they or their equivalent is around in a year when I look for a job.

Old 11-07-2012, 10:32 PM   #94
Rainer
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Any recommendations for sports headphones? My current ones have to be adjusted every few minutes or they'll fall out and too frequently the sound in one is temporarily blocked. No brand name, just a leering skull.

I'm not an audiophile so need for high end - just something stable and okay.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:43 PM   #95
Darkblade48

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MABJ View Post
Oh dang.. Why did production stop? They're in my budget but they're too expensive overall for right now. I hope either they or their equivalent is around in a year when I look for a job.

I think it was just because Denon wanted to make more money. They released a new line of headphones (try a search for AH-D600EM), but gosh, they look ugly to me.

I'm not sure how long they will be around for, I guess it depends on their demand. Once the old stock is gone, they won't be getting replaced.

There are similar headphones to the AH-D2000, but they are more expensive.

A Primer to Pressurized CO2 and A Primer to Planted Tanks
Eheim Pimp #362 - Eheim 2213 x2, Eheim 2028, Eheim 2217, Eheim surface skimmer and Eheim autofeeder.
Victor Pimp #33 - HPT272-125-350-4M
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #96
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

There will always be used ones out there. And don't worry about buying used headphones. If they are taken care of, there's no issue buying used. It's nothing for a quality pair of headphones lasting many, many years.
EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:32 AM   #97
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade48 View Post
How did I not see this thread before. High fidelity music is another one of my hobbies

I'm currently using a pair of Denon AD-2000 with a Fiio E17 as DAC/amp out of my laptop listening to FLAC. I have some Audio Technica A700x as well as a pair of Hifiman ReZero's (inner ear) for outdoor listening.

Maybe the Hifiman's ReZero would be good for you (they are inner ear). Since you have a lot of locations that you use your headphones at, I assume portability is an issue. In addition, anything open would be out of the question, since you listen to them at work, on the airplane, etc and wouldn't want to disturb the people next to you (again, I assume...)

If portability is not an issue, there are always some closed headphones (Audio Technica M50s, etc) that you might be able to snag at that price range if they are on sale/open box.
The RE-262 would also be a great suggestion. They are a warmer headphone, but have a fantastic sounds. They run $150 new. Cool thing about HiFiMan, they accept returns if you don't like the earphones. Not many others will do that.
EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #98
Lil' Swimz$
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

I love my Marshmallow ones! They are squishy foam that you squeeze and put in deep like an ear plug. Bass is insane! (do not forgot to lock your iPod so people don't turn it up and make you deaf!

They're $20

20g
Lil' Swimz$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:12 AM   #99
AlecFish
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosivs.

Insane Bass
Loud
Clear Sound Quality
Rugged Design
Very Comfortable
Cool looking

$20 on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAFX1X-Hea...pr_product_top
AlecFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #100
k2x5
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade48 View Post
Maybe the Hifiman's ReZero would be good for you (they are inner ear). Since you have a lot of locations that you use your headphones at, I assume portability is an issue.
Thanks for this advice! HiFiMan had a clearance sale on their ReZero's going on, so I was able to get them for $59! Had a chance to use them the other night while the wife was watching Dancing. These earphones are absolutely awesome! I'll just need to pick up a decent case for them, as the clear case they come in is a bit big for my liking.

Thanks again!
k2x5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #101
h4n
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (713/100%)

What are some good earphones that have a microphone for an iPhone and that is pretty rugged?

My wife goes thru them like every 6 months haha.
h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:46 PM   #102
AUvet14
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

I really like my Bose noise canceling headphones. They're really pricey if you buy them new, but if you have an Unclaimed Baggage store near you, you can usually find a pair for ~$150. My sister has a pair of Beats headphones and they sound pretty good too.
AUvet14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #103
MABJ
Invert Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post
What are some good earphones that have a microphone for an iPhone and that is pretty rugged?

I don't know of many. I know Beats do. They're like Apple certified.

But I also know beats aren't highly regarded here. I personally like my set.

They simply don't get high marks here.

Old 11-28-2012, 05:23 PM   #104
zergling
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by h4n View Post

My Klipsch S5i lasted 2 years, and I'm a durability testing machine for IEM's. I'm talking about two years of getting plugged in and out of my iPhone multiple times a day, everyday. 2 years of getting rolled into a ball and stuffed into a pocket in my jacket, then getting untangled later to use again - multiple times a day.

After two years, my S5i's jack finally gave out. I bought a replacement jack for it and will do the soldering soon, but for the meantime I'm really enjoying my VSonic GR07 despite not having a mic and iPhone controls.

The Klipsch S4i is supposedly not as rugged as the S5i, but is also cheaper. Shure and Sennheiser also have IEM's that have a mic and iPhone controls.

I'm sure this has already been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but the forums on head-fi.org is the place to go for research on this topic. I'm pretty happy with my "entry level" items:

Audio Technica ATH-M50
Sennheiser PC360
VSonic GR07
Klipsch S5i

I plan to add the Grado SR325is and Shure SE215 in the future. I also want the Ultrasone Edition 8, but I have other more important expenses to deal with first LOL

Last edited by zergling; 11-28-2012 at 05:51 PM.. Reason: ...add...
zergling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 06:42 PM   #105
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergling View Post
My Klipsch S5i lasted 2 years, and I'm a durability testing machine for IEM's. I'm talking about two years of getting plugged in and out of my iPhone multiple times a day, everyday. 2 years of getting rolled into a ball and stuffed into a pocket in my jacket, then getting untangled later to use again - multiple times a day.

After two years, my S5i's jack finally gave out. I bought a replacement jack for it and will do the soldering soon, but for the meantime I'm really enjoying my VSonic GR07 despite not having a mic and iPhone controls.

The Klipsch S4i is supposedly not as rugged as the S5i, but is also cheaper. Shure and Sennheiser also have IEM's that have a mic and iPhone controls.

I'm sure this has already been mentioned somewhere in this thread, but the forums on head-fi.org is the place to go for research on this topic. I'm pretty happy with my "entry level" items:

Audio Technica ATH-M50
Sennheiser PC360
VSonic GR07
Klipsch S5i

I plan to add the Grado SR325is and Shure SE215 in the future. I also want the Ultrasone Edition 8, but I have other more important expenses to deal with first LOL

Klipsch are awesome... the sound reproduction is unparralled for the price u pay.. you can always get better, ,but for the price, they will rock your socks off