Custom Regulators - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 11-25-2012, 11:06 PM   #76
kevmo911
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

I have a special place in my heart for VTS250's. But if you want something less yellow, I've always liked the dull silver look of the HPT270/272. And I use an SGT160 for building and testing purposes - it's nice, but not a favorite. I suppose the SGT500 would be the "premier" Victor model, but the look doesn't really do anything for me.

My next project is to replace my VTS450 with a new GO CYL20. I have the naked reg and metering valves (splitting to two tanks), Burkert 2822 is on the way, and am looking at WIKA or Ashcroft gauges. Planning on doing it with all Parker fittings, I think (though I had to squash the idea I had, partway through, to buy an IR6000 and find a Parker solenoid). I have everything mapped out, but need to order the fittings. I'll check my local ParkerStore at lunch tomorrow (near work), and see whether Amazon (which has most of what I need) is cheaper. I've found Amazon to be cheaper than any other online Parker retailers. Really wish Parker sold direct to public - I figure their retail markup is the primary reason their parts are more expensive than Swagelok. I've also had zero luck in finding a Parker SS CGA320 nipple, though I have a couple nuts (found them cheap on Evilbay, and I think they're from EWAL before Parker bought them - still the same model #). Anyway, I should be able to get a nipple from the retailer.

If anybody has a line on a low-watt SS Parker solenoid at a reasonable price, lemme know. Otherwise I'll stick with the Burkert 2822.
kevmo911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2012, 03:49 AM   #77
Africancichlids637
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I love my Y12-215 too. running nicely so far.

Africancichlids637 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #78
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (87/98%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Africancichlids637 View Post
I love my Y12-215 too. running nicely so far.

nice!

here is a new set, a rare Concoa 332, look the same as Concoa 312 but a stainless steel body instead of chrome plated brass.

and finally, put up the Parker Hannifin IR6002.
Bettatail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #79
AlanLe
Dude Where's Your CO2?

PTrader: (9/100%)

There are a lot of sweet regs in this thread.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.