Long Island LFS Tour + Franks Aquarium [Photo added] - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 11-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #76
sunyang730
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Hi everyone! Please dont forget to pick up 10 Hastatus for me if you see them!!! LOL

Please forgive me for my grammar mistakes!
sunyang730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 09:58 PM   #77
xev11
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

If it would be possible for someone to get some fish for me. I can prepay using paypal or however.
Any pygmy cory * 6 if less than $2 each
Boraras maculatus * 15
Any other nano rasbora * 6 if less than $1.50
xev11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:19 AM   #78
ecotanker
Algae Grower

PTrader: (13/100%)

I don't have facebook, so did not see how we as a group come to this decision of meeting at the carle place pets warehouse first. I prefer to hit Franks first and then hit the pets store on the way back, if we want to. This way we don't have to meet so early at 10 or 10:20 am . I can probably make it, but those who are coming with me will have to meet me at 9:30, which means they will need to leave their place around 8:40 or even earlier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
First meet up location will be pets warehouse on glen cove road in carle place at 10am.. No matter where you are coming from, make your way there by 10am. 1020am at the latest.

To set expectations, the drive to carle place from flushing takes 35-40 min without traffic. The drive between carle place and lindenhurst and carle place takes 40 min. there are 3 lfs stops before arriving at franks aquarium in lindhurst by noon.

Everyone has been asked to speak up regarding needing and providing rides. Trailmix and ecotanker are coming from Brooklyn though not sure where specificcally so those close by ought to coordinate accordingly. Likewise for those in queens.

more of the details off the facebook event page to be posted... here.

It would be ideal for people to meet up at a location or two and arrange a carpool for each borough. The driver would be compensated for fuel, some plants and smiles.

Last edited by ecotanker; 11-26-2012 at 03:22 AM.. Reason: correction
ecotanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:33 AM   #79
cprash
Keeper of Pencilfish

PTrader: (20/100%)
Send a message via AIM to cprash

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotanker View Post
I don't have facebook, so did not see how we as a group come to this decision of meeting at the carle place pets warehouse first. I prefer to hit Franks first and then hit the pets store on the way back, if we want to. This way we don't have to meet so early at 10 or 10:20 am . I can probably make it, but those who are coming with me will have to meet me at 9:30, which means they will need to leave their place around 8:40 or even earlier.
pm'ed you, Eco!
Old 11-26-2012, 05:57 AM   #80
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

Quote:
I don't have facebook, so did not see how we as a group come to this decision of meeting at the carle place pets warehouse first.
All destinations and suggested times are posted so it is everyone's responsibility to plan accordingly. If you have never participated a travel tour, these are meant as guidelines that structure the day and not hard rules.

Quote:
I prefer to hit Franks first and then hit the pets store on the way back, if we want to.
The time to meet at Franks Aquarium was provided by Franks and not by request. Remember his business is run out of his home and is by appointment only. Franks Aquarium is not a store front.

Quote:
This way we don't have to meet so early at 10 or 10:20 am . I can probably make it, but those who are coming with me will have to meet me at 9:30, which means they will need to leave their place around 8:40 or even earlier.
The folks in Queens are meeting before 9 and traveling together with expected arrival on or about 10am. If you can make it from Brooklyn to Carle Place @ 10 through rush hour traffic with a 930 departure, more power to you... but be realistic. its already a 30 minute drive from queens without traffic... If you expect to arrive by 1020, its safe also to anticipate skipping the first stop entirely and miss out on the livestock there. If you plan on picking up 2 or 3 people then obviously the travel time and distance in between must be considered and pushed earlier.

If you cannot make it to the first destination and wish to only join us at franks, kindly let your passengers know ahead of time. Those who wish to join us later are welcome to with an understanding that you are limiting your own time to visit the number of LFS planned. There shouldn't be a need to point out the obvious but it is what it is.

This is going to be one incredible journey and we hope more people can be a part of it.

Last edited by acitydweller; 11-26-2012 at 02:16 PM.. Reason: format
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:05 PM   #81
sunyang730
Wannabe Guru

So I can make it to the tour also. Hope it is not too late.

Brooklyn no car

Old 11-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #82
cprash
Keeper of Pencilfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunyang730 View Post
So I can make it to the tour also. Hope it is not too late.

Brooklyn no car
What part of Brooklyn?
Old 11-26-2012, 03:44 PM   #83
sunyang730
Wannabe Guru

8 Ave..

Old 11-26-2012, 09:35 PM   #84
gordonrichards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (331/99%)
Send a message via Yahoo to gordonrichards

Carleplace used to be a great shop back when it was AQUARIUM adventure.

Now about 1/3 is aquatic.

You'll find the same exact setup down in Copiague, though there is a better reef setup at Carleplace.

At Copiague, ask for Pete. Hes a very nice guy.
Decent coral there!
gordonrichards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 10:54 PM   #85
ecotanker
Algae Grower

PTrader: (13/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post

The time to meet at Franks Aquarium was provided by Franks and not by request. Remember his business is run out of his home and is by appointment only. Franks Aquarium is not a store front.
Yes, I know that was why I was the first to suggest that we check with Frank.

Quote:
The folks in Queens are meeting before 9 and traveling together with expected arrival on or about 10am. If you can make it from Brooklyn to Carle Place @ 10 through rush hour traffic with a 930 departure, more power to you... but be realistic. its already a 30 minute drive from queens without traffic... If you expect to arrive by 1020, its safe also to anticipate skipping the first stop entirely and miss out on the livestock there. If you plan on picking up 2 or 3 people then obviously the travel time and distance in between must be considered and pushed earlier.

If you cannot make it to the first destination and wish to only join us at franks, kindly let your passengers know ahead of time. Those who wish to join us later are welcome to with an understanding that you are limiting your own time to visit the number of LFS planned. There shouldn't be a need to point out the obvious but it is what it is.
Yes, all these are things obvious that is why i did not mentioned them. There is another obvious thing which was implied in my post. We can meet at Frank's first, at the time that is he made available to us, 12 noon say, and go to the pet stores on the way back.
ecotanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 11:18 PM   #86
eeng168
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (99/100%)

I'm not planning on you going this time but would like to say that Albert goes to great lengths and have things mapped out so that no time is lost on driving back and forth. It worked great last time in NJ and I don't see why it would t happen again.

I think this all come down to that you just want to go to Frank's? If that's the case, Albert suggested that you should notify the other passengers so that maybe they can get other rides

Nothing is set in stone. Heck, it wouldn't make sense but there can be different groups going to the same place. Queens people can be on their own schedule and Brooklyn can have their own. Albert will coordinate queens and ecotanker can coordinate the whole trip from Brooklyn.

Last edited by eeng168; 11-27-2012 at 12:04 AM.. Reason: ...
eeng168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:48 AM   #87
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

Eco, feel free to meet us at franks by noon. Bear in mind there wont be sufficient time to backtrack to the LFS listed before Franks. See ya then!
Old 11-27-2012, 12:54 AM   #88
Trail_Mix
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Does anyone have any subwassertang (or other liverworts), crypts, or small rocks? I'm looking for something to attach aroids to for my next tank.
Trail_Mix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 01:03 AM   #89
cprash
Keeper of Pencilfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trail_Mix View Post
Does anyone have any subwassertang (or other liverworts), crypts, or small rocks? I'm looking for something to attach aroids to for my next tank.
I've got some suswassertang for you. Would you like some small pieces of slate? 3 - 4 inches.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:10 AM   #90
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

i can bring some subwassertang for ya TM!

was also going to ask which location would be most convenient for a driver to pickup by atlantic ave...

ive marked locations by letters A - F. LMK which location works best for you and we'll have everyone meet there between 8:00-8:10.

Then if you can swing by and pickup by 8:15, you wouldn't have to park persay but just stop, load up and go.