The Planted Tank Forum banner

20L advice needed

1K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  marioman72 
#1 · (Edited)
Here's my 20L tank. This was the 2nd tank I ever bought:

I decided to put it back into commission after all this time, and I think I did a pretty good hardscape. If there's anything wrong with it please give feedback. Thanks.

Now for plants, I'm not so sure what to get. I have T5HO lights on this tank so I'm open to any suggestions. Right now I'm thinking glosso or staurogyne repens (IF I COULD FIND ANY), but what do you guys think? Also, I bought some creeping jenny from petco. Would this plant work in my tank or not?

I don't know about fauna either. I'm more of a shrimp guy than fish guy, but I've been feeling like something's missing ever since I quit keeping fish. If shrimp, please specify what kind(s). Same with fish please.

If someone could draw a plant layout of my tank in MS paint or describe what plants i should get and where I should place them that would help a lot. Thanks again.

See less See more
#2 ·
could be nice to see a glosso or star repens ground cover, maybe some hydrocotle of some sort in the rocks with needle leaf java fern in the farthest corner behind the rocks and wood? not sure what direction ur looking for. as for fish, some of my favs are rummy nose tetras, harlequin rasboras, and green neons all of witch school pretty well.

#3 ·
Thanks man, I can see that happening. I'm looking to have more of those tanks that are not quite iwagumi but rather that natural landscape look. Good call with the hydrocotyle, I forgot about that plant lol. Is there a difference between the penny wort hydrocotyle or hydrocotyle sp. Japan?

#4 ·
honestly not sure, i have hydro sp. in one of my tanks right now looks realy nice love the plant, but i see were ur trying to go with the tank for sure. id try and stick to mounding and ground covers for my plants if i was trying to do a natural looking tank. keeps it clean but full and easier to manage then some of the other things u could get.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.