Local "good" stores
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 11-23-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
DeLaFe
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

Local "good" stores

After going to a reef tank aquarium shop in Yonkers (Maximum Reef Aquatics - one which I did not know existed until about a week ago!) I realize that we really need a REAL aquarium shop. This place had such an incredible selection at such ridiculously low prices that I had to wait about an hour to be helped, AND they had over 10 people working the floor! Other vendors were there buying for inventory.

We really need a place that has a very big selection of healthy fish, plants and invertebrates. The places I have been to that people brag about when it comes to fresh water don't come close to the variety and quality of this store. AND IT IS MUCH HARDER AND MORE EXPENSIVE to maintain a large, healthy selection of salt water live stock!!!

Alfred
DeLaFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2012, 01:50 AM   #2
mach_six
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

I've been meaning to check out that store from reading about it on MR forums.

The way I see it, stores with good reputation and quality livestock usually has a higher price tag to go with it.

Rarely do you see store fronts have both good live stock and lowest prices around. Internet or online could get away with less overhead that physical stores usually can't like rent.
mach_six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 01:58 AM   #3
DeLaFe
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

With the amount of traffic they had, I am sure they do OK. Too bad they don't carry fresh water. (They don't have the room!)

Their prices are usually lower than mail order WITHOUT the shipping!

Alfred
DeLaFe is offline   Reply With Quote