Black Friday / Cyber Monday Sales Event! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Big Al's Online


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2012, 03:43 AM   #16
sowNreap
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NE TN
Posts: 587
Default

I don't think the BF sale prices are up yet. I'm assuming it will start Friday and last through Monday.
sowNreap is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-23-2012, 04:06 AM   #17
szenic
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
szenic's Avatar
 
PTrader: (55/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 730
Default

Something is funky with their site. Something will be on sale when you search it and then go back to original price once it's been added to your cart...
szenic is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 04:24 AM   #18
Neatfish
Wannabe Guru
 
Neatfish's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: TX
Posts: 1,484
Default

That's b.s
__________________
Neatfish is online now  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:44 AM   #19
szenic
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
szenic's Avatar
 
PTrader: (55/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 730
Default

Yep, and on top of that two of the items I wanted stopped being on sale today. The advice to wait til Friday was terrible. And the other 6 items I wanted didn't even change, no further discount. Sale price is the same as pre-black Friday.
szenic is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 12:56 PM   #20
Big Al's Online
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by szenic View Post
Something is funky with their site. Something will be on sale when you search it and then go back to original price once it's been added to your cart...
Sometimes our back end doesn't upload at the same time as the website - that would mean the sale price shows up on the product page, but isn't yet reflected in the cart.

If you can post any SKU# of items that are not showing up correctly in cart I can try to get that rectified faster for you!
Big Al's Online is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #21
szenic
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
szenic's Avatar
 
PTrader: (55/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al's Online View Post
Sometimes our back end doesn't upload at the same time as the website - that would mean the sale price shows up on the product page, but isn't yet reflected in the cart.
Opposite problem I think, the item was taken off sale, so the original price was reflected in the cart but not yet on the product page.
szenic is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #22
cichnatic
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Land of Gila
Posts: 168
Default

What time is the big sale starting?
__________________
EHEIM #525
cichnatic is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 02:50 PM   #23
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
PTrader: (174/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,691
Default

now already...
__________________
"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #24
Big Al's Online
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cichnatic View Post
What time is the big sale starting?
If you are referring to the 3hr deals, they should be up in an hour or so!
Big Al's Online is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 03:03 PM   #25
Big Al's Online
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by szenic View Post
Opposite problem I think, the item was taken off sale, so the original price was reflected in the cart but not yet on the product page.
If that is the case, clearing your cache / cookies should solve that issue.
Big Al's Online is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #26
cichnatic
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Land of Gila
Posts: 168
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al's Online View Post
If you are referring to the 3hr deals, they should be up in an hour or so!
Thank you, yes was referring to this sale.
__________________
EHEIM #525
cichnatic is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 09:11 AM   #27
sowNreap
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NE TN
Posts: 587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by szenic View Post
Yep, and on top of that two of the items I wanted stopped being on sale today. The advice to wait til Friday was terrible. And the other 6 items I wanted didn't even change, no further discount. Sale price is the same as pre-black Friday.
Nobody advised you to wait. If you saw a good price on something you should have bought it.

If you're referring to what I said about the prices didn't appear to be BF prices to me could be because the items I was looking at weren't priced that great, just everyday sale price I can get any day of the week anytime of the year. You may have been looking at items that were some good BF prices. It's up to each person to research what they're buying to determine whether it's a good price or not. It's also a good idea to check the site periodically to know when the sale starts.
sowNreap is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 11:00 AM   #28
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं
 
acitydweller's Avatar
 
PTrader: (174/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,691
Default

my order was processed and arrived the monday after thanksgiving. Several people locally added to my order and everyone's pleased. thanks Big A
__________________
"I am Groot", the faithful protector
acitydweller is offline  
Old 11-29-2012, 01:26 PM   #29
Big Al's Online
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NY
Posts: 97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
my order was processed and arrived the monday after thanksgiving. Several people locally added to my order and everyone's pleased. thanks Big A
Great to hear!
Big Al's Online is offline  
Old 11-30-2012, 02:08 AM   #30
szenic
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
szenic's Avatar
 
PTrader: (55/100%)
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowNreap View Post
Nobody advised you to wait. If you saw a good price on something you should have bought it.

If you're referring to what I said about the prices didn't appear to be BF prices to me could be because the items I was looking at weren't priced that great, just everyday sale price I can get any day of the week anytime of the year. You may have been looking at items that were some good BF prices. It's up to each person to research what they're buying to determine whether it's a good price or not. It's also a good idea to check the site periodically to know when the sale starts.
Actually there was advisement to wait.

This is the "advice" I was referring to. I wasn't referring to anything YOU said. And the big als forum member, if you read below, states that most of the sales were not yet up, so at what point do you know it's a "good price"? They stated that most sales were not up yet but failed to mention that several sales would also end on BF. And actually I did check the site, at least twice a day in fact. Thanks.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Al's Online View Post
...most of our BF/CM sales are not active. I would hold tight until Friday!
szenic is offline  
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012