My ever-evolving tank (picture heavy) - Page 10
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 11-22-2012, 07:33 AM   #136
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Oh OVT, I don't know if I mentioned to you I found a descent Amazon Sword at Petco. Have a nice Crypt Wendettii in there too. That thing has been growing fast. I just took it out of the pot yesterday and planted it. See what it does now!

I moved things around a bit to open up the center a bit more for the Diamond Tetras. The Mopani cave is now home to 7 happy Kuhli Loaches. Things in my tank are looking good. I am happy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2012, 11:26 PM   #137
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here is what things look like today. Thought I'd get busy with the pictures

I love the pink hue the plant lights cast into the tank (side view)

The Kuhli Loaches are out all the time since I added all the plants and the black substrate. It's great! They seem to prefer the reddish plants and the reddish rocks. Interesting

Another view of the side. Had to share since the 3 best buddies were together again...the Mature Angel moved away before the pic took though.

Okay...it's a side view day today I guess. I like this pic because it really shows the effect fro the pink plant lights on the back side

Another front view after the T5 lights are turned on

And here are some close ups of the plants, caves and rocks

Old 11-24-2012, 02:06 AM   #138
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (4/100%)

Wow it's a jungle in there! I bet your fish love it. I really like that blue angel you should try to breed it I've never seen another one like it.
Sethjohnson30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 02:18 AM   #139
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

It really is! I love it! The fish do seem to be extremely pleased with their new and improved home. The Kuhli Loaches are never in hiding and the new babies that were so soooo teeny tiny now are 3 times the size they were only a week ago or so! One of the Kuhlis is packed full of green eggs. That worries me a bit I don't want my tank to be full of hard to catch Kuhlis! Not in all those plants!

I had thought about that with the Blue Angel for the same reason as you said. But, I have permission for only one tank and I have 25 Diamond Tetras coming now, so no chance for Angel babies.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:36 AM   #140
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

Only 1 tank!! I would be bored out of my mind....although 1 tank is 10x easier to keep track of. Just hide a 40b in the basement lol.
Old 11-24-2012, 02:54 AM   #141
AUvet14
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

Hygrophila difformis

Limnophila aquatica (top) , Myriophyllum mattogrossense (bottom)

(Top to bottom), Limnophila aquatica, myriophyllum mattogrossense, hygrophilla difformis 'variegated', cardamine lyrata

Hope that helps.

I really like how it's looking!
AUvet14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 03:27 AM   #142
GreenBliss
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

Beautiful tank and I love those rocks.
GreenBliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #143
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethjohnson30 View Post
Only 1 tank!! I would be bored out of my mind....although 1 tank is 10x easier to keep track of. Just hide a 40b in the basement lol.
Ha Ha! I know right? I put up a good fight to put a gorgeous 180 gallon (craigslist specieal!) in the Garage or in the Foyer, but I didn't want a mad husband so I gave up once he started seeming really irritated.

It has been interesting trying to choose fish because there are so many that I'd love to have. Far as scapes go, since I do only have one tank, I had to combine a lot of elements that would have been otherwise put into seperate scapes. It's been a challenge putting my favorite elements into one design but has been fun.

If I could have as many tanks as I wanted I would have at least 4 more. A couple 180 gallon tanks, a 220 gallon and a bedside Fluval Edge would be great! Would be "" far as water changes though. Right now I enjoy them. Don't know that I would feel the same way after changing all those big tanks! I do it the ole bucket lugging way.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #144
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUvet14 View Post

Hygrophila difformis

Limnophila aquatica (top) , Myriophyllum mattogrossense (bottom)

(Top to bottom), Limnophila aquatica, myriophyllum mattogrossense, hygrophilla difformis 'variegated', cardamine lyrata

Hope that helps.

I really like how it's looking!
Thank you for these plants! They are doing great My favorite is the Limnophila aquatica. What a beautiful plant the way it flutters in the current. I pushed the stems into the substrate. I hope that was the right way to plant this species.

I'm glad you like how it's coming along. I am excited to see what it looks like once all these plants root themselves and fill in. I think it's going to be beautiful.
Old 11-24-2012, 05:11 AM   #145
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

I definetly do not miss the old bucket lugging thing. I forgot whats its called... A cobra or python, but that thing is great I hook it up to my sink and it has a 50ft hose that reaches all my tanks. It suck the water out and then you flip it around and it put the water back in.... Best 35 bucks I ever spent!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:13 AM   #146
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBliss View Post
Beautiful tank and I love those rocks.
Thank you! I collected the rocks in Montana a couple years ago or so. They are from a lake I grew up on. It's so beautiful with the clear water and all the colorful rocks. Now I have a little piece of home away from home
Old 11-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #147
Amandas tank
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sethjohnson30 View Post
I definetly do not miss the old bucket lugging thing. I forgot whats its called... A cobra or python, but that thing is great I hook it up to my sink and it has a 50ft hose that reaches all my tanks. It suck the water out and then you flip it around and it put the water back in.... Best 35 bucks I ever spent!
What do you do about the water conditioner since the water comes straight from the sink? And what about temperature? Those are the two aspects that have kept me from trying to find another way of doing it. With the buckets I have control over the temperature and put the water conditioner in the bucket before adding the water to the tank.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:06 AM   #148
Sethjohnson30
Wannabe Guru

I use a thermometer at the tap to set the temp and I add the water conditioner in 2 doses while it's filling up. I've been doing it this way for two years without a problem. I got rid of my brackish tank because I had to mix 6 buckets of water every week. My fw tanks took 10 minutes to change while my brackish tank took an hour or more every time. Although I was still able to drain the tank with the siphon.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:16 AM   #149
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (142/100%)

And I've been looking for Limnophila aquatica high and low, and even posted a WTB for it couple of months ago. Sooo... look where it appears...

So, now the question is: how do I get my little sticky hands on some stems?!? Do I now have to beg Amanda for her trimmings or try to strong-arm Sethjohnson30 into a trade?!?! You both are now on my radar

Tank is getting along. I would remove the air stone in a day or so, don't see much need for it now. Use it again for several days when you introduce your Diamonds.

I'm still hauling buckets during my WCs: builds characters, big biceps, but kills my back. If I ever get to build another house, I'll have to remember to plumb it right: who needs a sink in the kitchen? I need a water-line and a drain in EVERY room
OVT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #150
OVT
Carpe Diem

PTrader: (142/100%)

o..O and those pictures of pink hue remind me what the water looks like when sharks go in for the kill...
OVT is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquascape, driftwood, echo complete, rescape, substrate