Pygmy chain sword work with this light?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Old 11-21-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
plantastic37
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Pygmy chain sword work with this light?

Seems like pygmy chain sword is pretty much the only aquarium plant that might possibly work with this lighting.

The tank is a aqueon evolve 8 with this lighitng: PAR 25.25 with a lux of 2445

Substrate: eco complete about 2.5 - 3" depth

So if I were dosing liquid carbon, would this grow or would there be a better candidate?

Thanks!
plantastic37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #2
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (36/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantastic37 View Post
Seems like pygmy chain sword is pretty much the only aquarium plant that might possibly work with this lighting.

The tank is a aqueon evolve 8 with this lighitng: PAR 25.25 with a lux of 2445

Substrate: eco complete about 2.5 - 3" depth

So if I were dosing liquid carbon, would this grow or would there be a better candidate?

Thanks!
Hi plantastic37,

If you have 25.25 PAR at the substrate level you should be able to grow much more than Helanthium tenellum (formerly Echinodorus tenellus / Pygmy Chain Sword).

Below is a picture of my 10 gallon, no CO2 tank. It has a PAR of 25 at the substrate level and it contains the following plants. The tank has been set up since the end of July and everything is growing well. I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and Seachem Excel for ferts.

Pogostemon erectus, Limnophila aromaticoides, Ludwigia sp. 'Rubin', Hygrophila lancea, Staurogyne repens, Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Bronze', Barclaya longifolia, Helanthium tenellum, and Nymphoides sp. 'Taiwan'

Last edited by Seattle_Aquarist; 11-22-2012 at 04:25 AM.. Reason: ..
Seattle_Aquarist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 12:33 AM   #3
plantastic37
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seattle_Aquarist View Post
Hi plantastic37,

If you have 25.25 PAR at the substrate level you should be able to grow much more than Helanthium tenellum (formerly Echinodorus tenellus / Pygmy Chain Sword).

Below is a picture of my 10 gallon, no CO2 tank. It as a PAR of 25 at the substrate level and it contains the following plants. The tank has been set up since the end of July and everything is growing well. I use Seachem Flourish Comprehensive and Seachem Excel for ferts.

Pogostemon erectus, Limnophila aromaticoides, Ludwigia sp. 'Rubin', Hygrophila lancea, Staurogyne repens, Cryptocoryne wendtii 'Bronze', Barclaya longifolia, Helanthium tenellum, and Nymphoides sp. 'Taiwan'
Honestly this is the only thing I could find on the lighting:

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=171680

If this diagram is correct then I think it is actually 10-20par at the substrate, I guess.
plantastic37 is offline   Reply With Quote