12G Club: Got a 12 GalloN RimlesS or wanna get 1? PoSt/SeE HeRe! - Page 55
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 11-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #811
andrewss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

soooooooo I might jump on this beautiful 12g long bandwagon

a local fish club member has one of these forsale (never filled or setup at all) and I am tempted to buy it - he wants $70 but I have to drive nearly an hour to pick it up.

what do you guys think? should I grab it? I probably wouldnt be able to set it up for months and would just be sittin on it so to say for sometime (no room for it here really and also I am probably moving in may)
andrewss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 09:00 PM   #812
synaethetic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

eheim are the leaders of the filter industry. I've had a 2213 for years running on my 20g, it's a great filter, it's simple design makes it easy to work on. The fluval filters I've used in the past were always a pain in the ass to clean and assemble again.
synaethetic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #813
MsNemoShrimp
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...

PTrader: (346/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewss View Post
soooooooo I might jump on this beautiful 12g long bandwagon

a local fish club member has one of these forsale (never filled or setup at all) and I am tempted to buy it - he wants $70 but I have to drive nearly an hour to pick it up.

what do you guys think? should I grab it? I probably wouldnt be able to set it up for months and would just be sittin on it so to say for sometime (no room for it here really and also I am probably moving in may)
If you aren't going to set it up right away better to wait and buy it from Marine Depot. It should come out to about $80 and its brand new delivered to your home. If you have to drive 2 hours back and forth, you are looking at about $40 (if not more) worth of gas so realistically you'll be spending $110 on the tank.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

12G Mr. Aqua Journal - My 1st Iwagumi Rimless
17G Mr. Aqua Journal - My Shrimp Tank
RAOK Club #35 Sharing IS Caring
MsNemoShrimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 06:09 PM   #814
JarederaJ
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hey guys im going to be getting my tank.. its 48"x13x13 would you guys mind if i posted it in here when its all setup? its not the mr aqua 12 gallon but its basically an over sized version
JarederaJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2012, 06:44 PM   #815
andrewss
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoShrimp View Post
If you aren't going to set it up right away better to wait and buy it from Marine Depot. It should come out to about $80 and its brand new delivered to your home. If you have to drive 2 hours back and forth, you are looking at about $40 (if not more) worth of gas so realistically you'll be spending $110 on the tank.
Yeah, I passed on it - woulda taken it but the drive with the time and the gas wasn't worth it indeed
andrewss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #816
Dany08fa
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

so i finally got myself a mr aqua 12!!! i will be doing a iwagumi scape with hc carpet. Already have new amazonia and will start my dsm as soon as i can find some decent stones and decide on lighting. tank will have pressurized co2 and i will be dosing ferts. I already went over all of the journals and was wondering what light fixture is best for me. i want to go with the ray2, but have read it is too bright. i'd prefer not to suspend my light, but i will if i have too. is marineland too bright as well? if suspending the light is the only way then maybe i'll just go with a t5ho setup. also what light fixture would grow hc best?
Dany08fa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-18-2012, 09:13 PM   #817
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (402/100%)

A single Marineland Double Bright on the tank won't be too much. Should be perfect as long as you're dosing and using pressurized CO2.

Any of the Finnex fixtures will need to be suspended above the tank, as would T5NO and especially T5HO.
somewhatshocked is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-21-2012, 10:30 PM   #818
jeffvmd
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (99/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADA View Post
My next project.... 12g long REEF TANK!!!!!
You are gonna have some fun with this as a reef ADA.
Here is where the 12gal is at now. It now has 4 par30 bulbs, a royal blue ebay 4watt bulb for moonlight.

Still not done on lighting as I will be adding a couple of 4 watt custom color bulb with cyan, red, royal blue and violet and see if this will help go for a full spectrum lighting.
If anybody has one of the boostled clamps sitting around, hit me up. I'm in search for my last one to complete my lights.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:38 PM   #819
Forumsnow
Tiger King

PTrader: (27/100%)

I have a 36" planted tank led on the way from buildmyled.com. Yes i know this is a TON of light but i will be using my reefkeeper to dim it and this way i will have the light for when i go to a bigger tank. I am extremely impressed with the service i have received from them so far. The owner of the company called me on his personal phone and helped answer the mountain of questions i had. The light is supposed to be here on Wednesday but unfortunately the alc is not scheduled to be here till Dec 3rd. Just a warning to anyone looking to dim with a rkl, you must buy a alc module which is an extra $80! Plus you cannot run the iTemp anymore without buying an extra $90 pc4. Pretty crappy considering i only spent $85 on the original rkl.

I keep a journal over on the barrreport found here. http://www.barrreport.com/showthread...-Maine-Sunrise

I will let everyone know how this light works out. It will be a astronomical amount of light not dimmed so hopefully i will not have to dim it so much i lose to much of sunrise/set effect. In case anyone is wondering also, i do run pressurized c02 through a danner mag with fractioning impeller that i am absolutely in love with! It is a little loud when c02 is on compared to my eheim 1103 needlewheel but i think it does create a finer mist. I encourage all to use needlewheel/fractioning impeller to run your co2, it is a much more consistent way of enriching.
Forumsnow is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 01:31 AM   #820
mayphly
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (29/100%)

I started this tank on 8/12/12 and finally got around to filling it last Tuesday. Just wated to share a couple of pics of it. Hope you enjoy them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	12g Filled 11-19-2012 012.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	57629  

Name:	12g Filled 11-19-2012 010.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	57630  

Name:	12g Filled 11-19-2012 009.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	121.8 KB
ID:	57631  

mayphly is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #821
bigd603
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Mayphly, What a great looking tank!
bigd603 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #822
MsNemoShrimp
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...

PTrader: (346/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayphly View Post
I started this tank on 8/12/12 and finally got around to filling it last Tuesday. Just wated to share a couple of pics of it. Hope you enjoy them.
Lovely! Are you linked in our OP?

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams." - Eleanor Roosevelt

12G Mr. Aqua Journal - My 1st Iwagumi Rimless
17G Mr. Aqua Journal - My Shrimp Tank
RAOK Club #35 Sharing IS Caring
MsNemoShrimp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-25-2012, 07:21 PM   #823
beedee
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

wow, that looks amazing mayphly!

btw, i decided to go with an eheim 2213 for my filtration choice.
Old 11-25-2012, 08:54 PM   #824
mayphly
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigd603 View Post
Mayphly, What a great looking tank!
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoShrimp View Post
Lovely! Are you linked in our OP?
Yes indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedee View Post
wow, that looks amazing mayphly!

btw, i decided to go with an eheim 2213 for my filtration choice.
Hey thanks!

I'm running an Eheim 2215 and still find it barely has enough flow to make it to the other side of the tank. I went ahead and added a nano powerhead to the opposite end of the eheim outflow pipe and still have stagnant water under the outflow side. I ordered a nano Lilly pipe set that i hope will take care of the dead spot.

Last edited by mayphly; 11-25-2012 at 09:11 PM.. Reason: Edit reply
Old 11-25-2012, 09:31 PM   #825
mayphly
Planted Tank Obsessed

I have 3 Lobelia cardinalis plants from this tank I'd like to offer up here in this thread as a RAOK. All I ask is $6.00 to cover shipping USPS priority. Please pm me if interested. They are the ones in the second pic towards the top of this page post#820. They have lush green broad leaves with very purple undersides.

Cheers!

Last edited by mayphly; 11-25-2012 at 09:52 PM.. Reason: Edit

Tags
12 gallon long, 12 gallon rimless, mr aqua, nano tanks, stand

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.