Newb looking for advice
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-15-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
killa finn
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Newb looking for advice

My tank has been up for a wile now and i think things are going alright. Here is a little background of my tank, its a 34g cube, 2 bags of EC, 2x12" truluman led strips on for 9 hours a day, G3 filter and a 300watt inline heater with controller set to 77deg. I have 2 angles, 5 neon's, 2 cory cats and a lone guppy(the guppy is my sons fish). For plants there is a jungle val, amazon sword, hornworth(not sure how to spell it) java fern, dwarf hair grass. My parameters PH=7. KH=3, GH=6, ammonia nitrate nitrite all 0, EC around 500(G3 gives this spec). Is there any thing els i should be testing for? I swap out the mechanical filter every 2 weeks, swap out 2 bags of purigen in the chemical basket once a month, and rinse the bio and canister every 6 months with tank water. I am doing a 5gal water change about every 10 days, using Poland spring or deer park witch ever is on sale because my tap has lots of mettle and chlorine in it. I put between 5-10ml of api liquid co2 every day when lights come on and 30ml of api leaf zone at water changes. That was the only ferts i could find locally, now i can get flourish at a new store that just opened. Would it be better to switch to flourish, if so will that replace liquid co2 and leaf zone? Or should i just keep doing what i am doing because it seems to be working, things are growing water is clear and fish seem happy.

just planter the hair grass hasent filled in yet

killa finn is offline   Reply With Quote