New Angels not eating - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 11-13-2012, 07:05 PM   #16
aokashi
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by partobe View Post
thanks aokashi this is better than raw?
you can feed raw I dont like handling raw meat XD
aokashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 07:08 PM   #17
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

thanks aokashi
partobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:13 AM   #18
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

try golden pearls
Old 11-14-2012, 12:30 PM   #19
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Thanks acitydweller
what is golden pearls? Im heading to petland discount Ill see if they have some.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #20
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

I personally use this when i first acquired my very picky CPDs and they all have full round bellies now. the 300-500 micron size works great for me. anything smaller is more powder like. ive handed out portions to people at swaps and all have said their fish love the stuff. If you are wanting to try it, 2oz costs $4. In terms of foods, it tends to be pricier but its worth it.

desc taken from yourfishstuff.com
Golden Pearls is a revolutionary larval diet that has experienced great success in marine fish hatcheries in Europe. The secret to its success is an innovative manufacturing process which involves the agglomeration of micro-encapsulated particles that "traps" tiny air pockets inside of the feed particles. This results in a "non-sinking" particle diet that remains suspended in the larvae tank.

The introduction of Golden Pearls has significantly reduced the dependence, and in some cases, replaced live feeds (rotifers and Artemia nauplii) in commercial marine fish and shrimp hatcheries.

Golden Pearls are available in particle sizes from 5 to 800 microns. For comparison, a newly hatched brine shrimp is about 400 microns.

Great as a larval fry diet and excellent for coral reef tanks! GP diets will remain in the water column longer and mimic planktonic animals by moving with the water current.
Ingredients

High quality fish meals, crustacean meal, purified fish oils, phospholipids, astaxanthin, vitamins and protected minerals, antioxidants, and immunostimulants
Analysis

Protein - 60%
Lipids - 8%
Ash - 15%
Moisture - 8%
Vit C - 2000 ppm
Vit E - 400 ppm
Astaxanthin - 500 ppm
Size

5-50 microns: Infusoria- Great for Reef Tanks and the Smallest of Fry

50-100 microns: Rotifer Size 1- Great for Reefs and Very Small Fry like Rainbowfish

100-200 microns: Rotifer Size 2 -Great for Betta Fry & Reef Tanks

200-300 microns: Artemia Size 1-Great for Reefs; Small Fry Tanks

300-500 microns: Artemia Size 2-Great for Fry Tanks- Equal to Newly hatched Brine Shrimp

500-800 microns: Weaning Diet- Great for Guppies and Cichlid fry
Old 11-14-2012, 08:50 PM   #21
partobe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

thanks acitydweller
they didnt carry it at pld so I bought freeze dried tiny shrimp and small pellet wardley advanced nutrition for cichlid. I mixed all with some flakes and crossed my fingers. They were right there ready to eat spit the pellets out spit the shrimp out spit the flakes out but went to town on the worms. They eventually showed some interest in the shrimp but that was after all the worms were eaten. They look happy all but one he just hangs out by himself but he was the first to eat the worms so not sure whats going on with him.