Dropcheckers & Inline Atomizers
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 11-13-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
TheKribKeeper
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Dropcheckers & Inline Atomizers

I have recently installed an up aqua inline atomizer about 12 days ago on my 29g with a 2213. I was still getting some twisting leaves on my hygros with my drop checker lime green so I started cranking up the co2 now my fish are not acting funny at all but my drop checker is straight up yellow. Do the tiny bubbles render the dropchecker useless? If I could go that high without the fish stressing I guess I was way short on Co2. Do atomizers use alot of Co2? I am at like 4bps or so at 30psi so far.
TheKribKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2012, 12:01 AM   #2
Bubba_Shrimp
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (26/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKribKeeper View Post
I have recently installed an up aqua inline atomizer about 12 days ago on my 29g with a 2213. I was still getting some twisting leaves on my hygros with my drop checker lime green so I started cranking up the co2 now my fish are not acting funny at all but my drop checker is straight up yellow. Do the tiny bubbles render the dropchecker useless? If I could go that high without the fish stressing I guess I was way short on Co2. Do atomizers use alot of Co2? I am at like 4bps or so at 30psi so far.
Maybe your 4 dKH solution is bad? I will be watching this thread as I also would like to get UP aqua inline atomizer (or GLA version) but was worried about required 30psi...
Bubba_Shrimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 12:13 AM   #3
TheKribKeeper
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I used a scale to make the 4dkh solution but you never know I guess. I think the bubbles are just going into the dropchecker and giving false readings. I was worried about the 30psi also but it hasn't had any problems yet. It does produce alot of micro bubbles the water looks fizzy. So if you don't like that then it is something to consider but it does work good and thats 1 less piece of equipment in the tank.
TheKribKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 PM   #4
herns
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (232/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba_Shrimp View Post
Maybe your 4 dKH solution is bad? I will be watching this thread as I also would like to get UP aqua inline atomizer (or GLA version) but was worried about required 30psi...
I think you are talking about Intank not inline atomizer.

I have Up aqua in my other tank that run 20 psi. The GLA version needs a least 30 psi.
herns is online now   Reply With Quote