Plz Help me quickly make the right choices - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Old 11-13-2012, 08:47 PM   #31
ddrfreak_tung
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

keep in mind that this might not turn out the way you want it to. We all envision something big and spectacular as our first venture into many things only to find out our expectations was too high. I started keeping fish in the 7th grade and it took me about 5 years to figure out what i was doing wrong...granted it was the pre internet age for me. But there's certain things that you will only learn from trial and errors. Know that even with the best of the best, there has to be an understanding of how everything works to successfully recreate an environment and balance nature. im sure some will disagree but that's just from my own experience.

For me, i'd go with prime over brighty k. When it comes to dosing, read up on dry ferts, its cheaper. As far as keeping the water clear and plants green, water is easy to keep clear. Have sufficient filtration, feed sparingly, reg water changes ect. For the keeping of the plants green, that's why this forums exist. DO NOT get discourage if anything goes wrong. There's many of us on here struggling with keeping the plants green and not have an algae infested aquarium.

From that list you posted, not sure if you've purchased a light yet but i didnt see you list it =).
ddrfreak_tung is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 10:36 PM   #32
glassguppy
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddrfreak_tung View Post
keep in mind that this might not turn out the way you want it to. We all envision something big and spectacular as our first venture into many things only to find out our expectations was too high. I started keeping fish in the 7th grade and it took me about 5 years to figure out what i was doing wrong...granted it was the pre internet age for me. But there's certain things that you will only learn from trial and errors. Know that even with the best of the best, there has to be an understanding of how everything works to successfully recreate an environment and balance nature. im sure some will disagree but that's just from my own experience.

For me, i'd go with prime over brighty k. When it comes to dosing, read up on dry ferts, its cheaper. As far as keeping the water clear and plants green, water is easy to keep clear. Have sufficient filtration, feed sparingly, reg water changes ect. For the keeping of the plants green, that's why this forums exist. DO NOT get discourage if anything goes wrong. There's many of us on here struggling with keeping the plants green and not have an algae infested aquarium.

From that list you posted, not sure if you've purchased a light yet but i didnt see you list it =).
My' eheim aquastyle 9 comes with a 7watt led light fixture which seems bright to me but I'm not sure how much it is in fact. I've heard it's about 1200 lumens, or medium brightness... I'm not sure though, and the filter is an eheim too, it's a corner unit, google the aquastyle 9 for something of a reference lol. -- If I go with dry fertilizer would this be something I'd have to put in the substrate or could I just crush it up and mix it in a bottle with water and dose the tank?
-- I'm not expecting a perfect tank as my' first, what I'm wanting is the best possible result right from the start with alot of the "wish I had done that first" eliminated right from the start... I don't want to waste time on something someone out there could've just told me right from the beginning... I need advice that is pretty much tried and true and over time I'll keep coming on here to read and further my' knowlege... I just want the best possible beginner's position on things.
glassguppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #33
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Yeah that list looks fine, there are three types of aquasoil, amazonia, africana, and malaya. each representing one of the worlds three major rainforests. each has a different color/property.

also there is normal grain and powder grain. the powder grain i think looks better and is easier to plant in.

when you fill the tank use a bowl/plate or wax paper to gently poor water.

I would go with Seachem Prime as an all purpose water conditioner. you can't go wrong there.

I also highly recommend a pair of pinsettes for planting the plants.

i also wouldn't worry about any chemicals out there you mentioned, keeping it simple is best. since your doing low tech. if you were doing high tech the only things I would dose would be NPK + Micros (EI index) dry ferts.

finally here is a link for excellent low light beginner plants here on TPT:
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56042
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote