Can you identify these three plants for me?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 11-13-2012, 05:38 AM   #1
LyzzaRyzz
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (16/100%)

Can you identify these three plants for me?

Im not sure if this is the place for this, so if not, mods, please find it a home!

I have three plants that im not sure what they are, and id like to see if anyone can identify them!
The first one came from a bulb, though its grown two smaller plants from the top of the bulb, and ive replanted them. Dont know if theyll survive, though.Attachment 57015

The second was sold to me as a 'live plant that grows large'. I snagged one, and its bulb had three other plants attached, so ive seperated them, and replanted them. It does grow fast, though im concerned about its leaves. Some of them seem to be turning reddish? just a few though. Or it may be that the leaves are getting thinner, IE a sign of being unhealthy? The leaves are intact and this is an all over the leaf thing, not just spots. It actually looks quite nice, the viens of the leave still stay bright green. You may not be able to tell from the pictures, but, maybe you can tell a species.Attachment 57018Attachment 57017Attachment 57016

The third came as a surprise from another LPS, and it was just a root with a leaf sticking out. Slowly other plants grew from it, and today i seperated a few, and replanted. They definitely have grown since i got them!Attachment 57019Attachment 57020

If you guys can help me that would be great!!

LyzzaRyzz's Tanks and More! - http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=226122

Last edited by LyzzaRyzz; 12-06-2012 at 07:05 AM..
LyzzaRyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2012, 01:16 PM   #2
MSG
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default Hard to tell from your photos.....

One is definitely a species of Echinodorus

Here's a guess......
Echinodorus osiris
echinodorus cordifolius?
MSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 01:34 PM   #3
TWINSCREWED
Algae Grower

PTrader: (2/100%)

The second plant looks like an Aponogeton ulvesius. Leaves are ribbon like. Grows really fast. The third looks like melon sword to me.
TWINSCREWED is offline   Reply With Quote