Anyone interested in trying to get an aquatic club started in Knoxville?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Tennessee

Old 08-12-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
EMc/
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Anyone interested in trying to get an aquatic club started in Knoxville?

Just wondering if there's any interest.
EMc/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-13-2010, 02:04 AM   #2
williamsonaaron
Planted Tank Obsessed

there must already be one already check around your LFS. We have one in london ontario 300K population - 40 members in the aquarium club. You must have one in knoxville or somewhere near by.
williamsonaaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:41 AM   #3
macclellan
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (208/100%)

No williamsonarron, there isn't one here in Knoxville., and yes EMc/, I'd be interested. I'm a member of the local reef club, but would much rather get something going on the freshie side. We might be able to work something out at Aquatic Marine for holding meetings and sponsorship/support. Mark (the owner) just got a BUNCH of new tanks which are all going to be freshwater, so now could be a good time to start a club.

EMc/ - PM me if you want in on an order from sweetaquatics.com - we can split shipping. I should be ordering this weekend.
macclellan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 04:14 AM   #4
CL
C-A-T-S

PTrader: (79/100%)

Depending on when meets would be, I might be able to stop by a couple of times. Of course, this has been said before, but I would really like to at least go to one or two meetings to find people who have the same problems that I do
I have lots of family down in Knoxville anyway. We normally make the trip down a few times a year to see them. More if we have any UT tickets (football or basketball)
Old 08-18-2010, 04:09 AM   #5
agoins
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

Hmm I wouldnt mind, although my tank has been slacking here lately. Being away for the summer will do that. haha
agoins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 10:15 PM   #6
Batch
Algae Grower

PTrader: (22/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMc/ View Post
Just wondering if there's any interest.
Sure. Put me on the list.

Batch
Batch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:31 PM   #7
EMc/
Algae Grower

Default WoW!

Sorry, I must not have my profile s/u to receive notification of replies- need to change that. Well maybe we can plan to meet somewhere this fall. I know it is difficult to sustain fish clubs, but I'm willing to give it a try. I got to visit the Raleigh Aquarium Society's annual convention a few years back & I was so impressed with those folks. It sure would be a boon to expanding what we all keep.

Maybe we could do a meet & greet? & perhaps a swap of plants or critters? Anybody interested in marbled crays, endlers, gammarus, blue apple snails (P. bridgsii), or albino ancistrus? I don't really have any excess plants, x/ for vals. So, would a week day night or weekend day or night be better for you folks? I'd sorta lean in the direction of a weekend- afternoon or early evening.

Marty McWhirter
865-637-4029
EMc/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 AM   #8
noledoc
Algae Grower

Hey guys,
I am interested in networking with fellow aquatic folks in the area. I live in Johnson City and am restarting my freshwater hobby after many years. Am looking for aquariums.
noledoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com

Not sure which of the posters in this thread still read this, but I have started the East Tennessee Aquatic Club. I don't know how I missed this thread when I was posting about it, but we have started doing LOTS of good things in there for the freshwater enthusiasts in the area. Feel free to stop by and join today. We are currently offering a limited-time introductory rate of just $10 a year for each membership. This not only gives you access to our online forums with all our members, but you will gain access to our online contests and events, as well as our meeting times. Come by today while this offer lasts. Hope to see you there.
The Fraternity of Dirt #15
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech.
Updated 9-7 Check me out. 10g Rimless. My 105g Journal. 105g YTubeAction ETnAC President.
tonytrout2001@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:25 PM   #10
tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com

The East Tennessee Aquatic Club has started offering FREE memberships for fish lovers in the East Tennessee area. Visit www.etnac.com and sign up today!
The Fraternity of Dirt #15
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech.
Updated 9-7 Check me out. 10g Rimless. My 105g Journal. 105g YTubeAction ETnAC President.
tonytrout2001@hotmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote