My introduction
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-12-2012, 06:20 PM   #1
greenthumbs
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default My introduction

Hello everyone,

I have been browsing these forums for some time now, and id have to say you have inspired me to start a planted tank. I have been studying horticulture for many yrs, but never dabbed into water plants, so here i am.

Currently I have a 45 gal with a pleco and cichlid, which was saved from a toilet flush. I had to add a tank divider because the pleco was being harrassed and looked stressed.

I also have an indoor pond with two female RES turtles, Shelly 30 yrs old, adopted 15 yrs ago and Missy 25 yrs old adopted about 5 months ago. The pond/enclosure 6 foot by 4 foot, has a 120 gal plastic breeding tank, with pondmaster filter (floss, carbon pad, and 2 types of bio media inside).

I adopted another 1 yr old female RES named BLUE about 2 months ago, which i keep in a 55 gal filled just over half way.

Right now my "planted tank" is cycling with some comet goldfish waiting for my plants to arrive from [Ebay Link Removed]

I love the DIY ideas i have seen, and the advice is really amazing, i look forward seeing more and learning more as time goes on.

Thanks everyone for your time and feel free to drop me a line.
greenthumbs is offline   Reply With Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.