American IAPLC rankings - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 11-08-2012, 04:42 AM   #16
AaronT
Collectoritis Patient

PTrader: (197/100%)

What's with ADA moving their results party right on top of the AGA Convention? We should be working together to promote the hobby. It seems a bit petty to me.
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #17
Centromochlus
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (116/100%)

#1396 here.
Decent first attempt!
Old 11-08-2012, 06:17 AM   #18
plantbrain
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (253/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AaronT View Post
What's with ADA moving their results party right on top of the AGA Convention? We should be working together to promote the hobby. It seems a bit petty to me.
Yes, this is not good for either group.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:29 PM   #19
ProndFarms
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzFishKid
#1396 here.
Decent first attempt!
Congrats! That is quite an accomplishment!

Posted from Plantedtank.net App for Android
ProndFarms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 03:47 PM   #20
houseofcards
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (54/100%)

Congrats to all! We definitely need more than the 40 something entries we get each year from USA.
houseofcards is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 05:47 PM   #21
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

PTrader: (24/100%)

Quote:
Honestly, I don't think there was anything intentional about it with consideration to the AGA. They chose the dates they did this year so that they could bring Party participants into the mountains (one where Amano did a lot of photography in) for the autumn foliage on the 30-31st for the peak of the season as part of their 20th anniversary celebration.
Francis Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 06:10 PM   #22
AaronT
Collectoritis Patient

PTrader: (197/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis Xavier View Post
Honestly, I don't think there was anything intentional about it with consideration to the AGA. They chose the dates they did this year so that they could bring Party participants into the mountains (one where Amano did a lot of photography in) for the autumn foliage on the 30-31st for the peak of the season as part of their 20th anniversary celebration.
I'm not trying to bash ADA, just curious why that was. It was a bummer to not have a lot of the normal people there because they were in Japan.

Amano was nice and sent some products for auction and 20th anniversary pincettes for everyone who participated in the aquascaping workshop.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #23
Francis Xavier
Planted Tank Jedi

PTrader: (24/100%)

Quote:
I'm not trying to bash ADA, just curious why that was. It was a bummer to not have a lot of the normal people there because they were in Japan.

Amano was nice and sent some products for auction and 20th anniversary pincettes for everyone who participated in the aquascaping workshop.
Oh no! I didn't think you were bashing ADA, I just meant to offer some clarity on why they chose the dates they did.

As far as I remember, Jeff and I were the only Americans in Japan. I know for some reason quite a lot of the Houston guys that usually go to AGA couldn't make it, and I thought that was kind of unfortunate. I know Luis looked forward to going again, but had some things to take care of. Mike wanted to go, but had to go to Florida for a project.
Francis Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.