Bettas
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 11-08-2012, 04:13 AM   #1
bettasusa
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Bettas

Ok, so I was able to take some videos of some of the fish. Here are a few photos to start, links to videos will come soon, most likely tomorrow as I will be uploading them now. There is a bit of variety here, many colors. ALL are Metallic and carry irredescence. They range from Veiltail, Delta, HMPK and PK. Many are Sun type tails I really like this shredded look but not so much as a crowntail. Mustard Gas (Bi Colors) in the photos shown are still pending my decision to keep or not. That female is a serious LOOKER. I love her, so we will see. OK, enjoy the pictures, videos coming soon.

I hope everyone made out well with Sandy, The Presidential Election and now this Nor Eastern that hit us today. I'm actually going to let the videos upload and take the shepherd out for a little play time in the snow.

bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 04:15 AM   #2
VivaDaWolf
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Loooove these photos Lu. Drool!
VivaDaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #3
Tee Hee xD
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I concur. Each and every single one of them are so beautiful! Look at their bulging bellies...

Nico approves, I think.
Tee Hee xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:47 AM   #4
DBlauj
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/82%)

Looks like they eat good lol.
DBlauj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #5
bettasusa
Algae Grower

Thanks guys . If you notice in the backdrop on some of the pictures, I have the scud starter culture that Albert gave to me at the swap/auction. Doing great with tons of babies! I take a few here and there and feed but I'm waiting for a population explosion. lol
Old 11-08-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

Nice ladies. I have more scuds if you want more. In have left my colony alone for a month and they are much larger today. They are polific spawners so you'll likely have hundreds in weeks anyways.

p.s.

Wanted to add that your two betta males are awesome and doing really well at home and were unaffected by hurricaine sandy and her friend Nora-easter.

Last edited by acitydweller; 11-08-2012 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: addy
acitydweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #7
Imi Statue
Planted Tank Obsessed

Where did you buy the bettas? LFS? PT?

Very beautiful! One of my favorite fishes. Were you planning on breeding for sale also?

Thanks, can hardly wait to see the videos!

Imi
Imi Statue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #8
ecotanker
Algae Grower

Wow! real beauties! especially 4, 6-8. You convince me to set up a betta tank, but only if I can get one of your bettas.
ecotanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
Tee Hee xD
Algae Grower

I'll be sure to send you a message when I'm interested in obtaining another betta. Do you sell fry or do you wait till they grow up a bit?

Nico approves, I think.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:51 PM   #10
bettasusa
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by acitydweller View Post
Nice ladies. I have more scuds if you want more. In have left my colony alone for a month and they are much larger today. They are polific spawners so you'll likely have hundreds in weeks anyways.

p.s.

Wanted to add that your two betta males are awesome and doing really well at home and were unaffected by hurricaine sandy and her friend Nora-easter.
Great! Thanks Albert, maybe at next swap?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:56 PM   #11
bettasusa
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imi Statue View Post
Where did you buy the bettas? LFS? PT?

Very beautiful! One of my favorite fishes. Were you planning on breeding for sale also?

Thanks, can hardly wait to see the videos!

Imi
Most of my breeding bettas originated from overseas, however I am doing my best to make them into American strains and keeping my hands from importing. I'm trying to work on getting my own lines and getting into the International Betta Congress to start showing, but for right now I'm just mixing and matching and working with what I have. For my Mustard Gas line, which varies from Light lavender Bicolor to Dark Blue and Yellow, they are almost breeding true, so I'm crossing my fingers for maybe sometime next year??

Videos are coming up shortly, posting a link soon. Most of these that I am posting will be for SALE.
Old 11-08-2012, 08:57 PM   #12
bettasusa
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecotanker View Post
Wow! real beauties! especially 4, 6-8. You convince me to set up a betta tank, but only if I can get one of your bettas.
Of course!
Old 11-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #13
bettasusa
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee Hee xD View Post
I'll be sure to send you a message when I'm interested in obtaining another betta. Do you sell fry or do you wait till they grow up a bit?
I could give you some fry, not too small though as they are very sensitive for some time, but once they are feeding on adult brine shrimp, I'd feel comfortable letting them go. The only thing about letting fry go is that you never know what potential they have, thats why most of them you see for sale are older. The breeders tend to keep them to see the true spread of their finnage and show/breeding potential. But sure, I could offer a few 1/2inchers to you no problem for you to grow out on your own.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:08 PM   #14
Option
Planted Tank Enthusiast

If you ever have a surplus of female bettas that you do not know what to do with....let me know. I'm putting together a large sorority of females and always have room for more!
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #15
Tee Hee xD
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettasusa View Post
I could give you some fry, not too small though as they are very sensitive for some time, but once they are feeding on adult brine shrimp, I'd feel comfortable letting them go. The only thing about letting fry go is that you never know what potential they have, thats why most of them you see for sale are older. The breeders tend to keep them to see the true spread of their finnage and show/breeding potential. But sure, I could offer a few 1/2inchers to you no problem for you to grow out on your own.
That's really generous of you I don't have any brine shrimp but I do have flakes, pellets, and blood worms; would that be okay? What's the recommended tank size to house the fry?

Nico approves, I think.