Planted Tank “Under New Management” - Page 8
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > The Planted Tank Information > Important Update/Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 06:48 AM   #106
Couesfanatic
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (29/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahugo View Post
Really people? Can you guys stop to say thanks/farewell to Kyle instead of worrying about SnS? You guys seem to forget if it wasn't for him you would all be trying to sell everything on Aqua bid, I'll take my one sales thread a month and new rules.

Good luck Kyle and thank you for the amazing site. Enjoy the extra free time!
Just because we are discussing the SNS doesn't mean we are not appreciative for what Kyle has done.

But it is because of user feedback that this site it so well run. This site is one of the best with applying user feedback, IMO thats why theres so many people here.

Old 10-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #107
150EH
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (27/100%)

Thanks Kyle, I remember that tank being the home page of the site for the first week or two after I became a member, I remember thinking then as it changed to this format that the site was doomed becauses it had changed, I guess it's in our nature.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:58 AM   #108
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Thank you Kyle for creating the best freshwater planted tank resource on the Internet! Hope you are able to have even more fun with your tanks now and continue to enjoy the site for a long time to come!
Old 10-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #109
tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)
Send a message via MSN to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com Send a message via Yahoo to tonytrout2001@hotmail.com
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumadmin View Post
As you have read above, PetGuide.com has come to an agreement with Kyle and will now be the owners of PlantedTank.net. We here at PetGuide.com bring with us staff and resources to make this site grow by leaps and bounds. We provide the resources necessary to run this site and maintain the day to day technical and managerial tasks that are time consuming for one person.

With that I would like you all to know that this is still YOUR community and we are here to work with the community and the existing staff to keep this site a place for you to come and feel at home.
First off, thanks Kyle, for starting this AMAZING site which has guided me through many a hard-times in aquatica. I HATE that this has to be this way, but I understand and respect your decision. I don't like it at all, or even agree with it, seeing what is happening on here since I was here last. I do kow that, deep down, you had the interest of your loyal followers at heart and I love that about you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumadmin View Post
My name is Adam, please feel free to ask questions in this section of the forum and I will do my best to answer any and all of them. As of now I will be the only PetGuide.com employee to join the site, I am here to answer questions help with technical issues and make sure we are doing our job and keeping you all happy. If you have any issues, feel free to discuss below. I hope you all enjoy this new chapter in PlantedTank.net life.

Thank you all for reading.
Adam
I wanted to post this because there was some heated discussions about some questions asked earlier, after Adam TOLD US TO POST QUESTIONS HERE!! If you all have noticed, he is still not answering any questions here. As a matter of fact, he hasn't been back in here posting for a month and a half to answer the questions previously asked by members that I, also, would like to know the answer to. He has been on, just not back in to answer our questions like he said he would IN HERE.

Issues? I have issues!
1:How do you warrant putting ads for INSURANCE companies on a forum for aquariums? I mean, I know you are wanting to make money, but that's ridiculous!!
2:An admin on an AQUARIUM site and he doesn't even own an aquarium? Atleast get a nano tank so that you can easily transport it or something.
3:What are all the embedded links about? Most aren't even about AQUARIUMS or the equipment, fish, or plants that go along with that!!

Kyle, you had better reward us with some awesome tank journals as you are missed already
The Fraternity of Dirt #15
Just because its dirt doesn't make it low tech.
Updated 9-7 Check me out. 10g Rimless. My 105g Journal. 105g YTubeAction ETnAC President.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #110
brainwavepc.com
Planted Tank Obsessed

they buy sites to make money. they don't care about the subject matter. it's simple to understand, our site has been sold out and will continue to be plagued with more and more ads.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:25 PM   #111
mistergreen
No more Bow ties

PTrader: (13/100%)

use ad blockers folks. You won't have to see an ad ever again. simple.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #112
speedie408
Canon Pimp #001

PTrader: (385/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistergreen View Post
use ad blockers folks. You won't have to see an ad ever again. simple.
What ads?

Been using ABP (ad block plus) plugin on Chrome for the past 2 years. Love it!
Old 10-28-2012, 04:38 PM   #113
kevmo911
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Adam, I don't think you could possibly realize how many brownie points getting a simple low-tech nano planted tank would get you in this community
Old 10-29-2012, 12:42 AM   #114
brainwavepc.com
Planted Tank Obsessed

yes we know about ad blockers, that is not the point...
Old 10-29-2012, 02:37 AM   #115
audioaficionado
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwavepc.com View Post
yes we know about ad blockers, that is not the point...
What's your point?

45 gal tall high-tech : 2-23-12 update
Complete CO2 Leak Test : How to build a CO2 regulator

Never argue with a fool. Onlookers often can't tell the difference.
Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My advice is free and worth every penny.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:49 AM   #116
brainwavepc.com
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioaficionado View Post
What's your point?
the point is they are adding a ton of advertising to the site. the average user doesn't use ad block or anything similar and they come to this site as a guest to read stuff and see tons of ads. it turns off potential new users. not to mention a lot of people use tablets or phones where ad block and the likes are not readily available.

also lately I have been getting database error pages frequently. wonder if they are changing something on the backed?
Old 10-29-2012, 05:03 PM   #117
Bahugo
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (25/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brainwavepc.com View Post
the point is they are adding a ton of advertising to the site. the average user doesn't use ad block or anything similar and they come to this site as a guest to read stuff and see tons of ads. it turns off potential new users. not to mention a lot of people use tablets or phones where ad block and the likes are not readily available.

also lately I have been getting database error pages frequently. wonder if they are changing something on the backed?
I Don't use an add blocker and I don't see any new adds, or embed links... It's a general rule of thumb if you join a forum = 95% of adds go away. I think it is safe to know that a good majority of people who browse forums knows that, if you join (or for existing members log in) the adds are not an issue. Unless you guys are grossly over exaggerating the amount of ads you are seeing.

I don't get why everybody is giving this guy grief, he is here to make money plain and simple. It's a simple concept for every ad that is clicked/subscribed/referred to by him he makes money. Which means 1) he needs ads, 2) he needs people. He will not ruin the site because if he stops incoming traffic by over clutter with a ton of ads he losses money. Since he took over the site the site is generating more traffic from search engines, people are spending more time on the site, and less people are coming on and leaving right away.
Fraternity of dirt #8
Old 10-29-2012, 10:20 PM   #118
etgregoire
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

I haven't had problems with ads. There are a few banners that rotate between vendor sites but they're all related to the hobby and sometimes they even have coupons!

I'm not sure what everyone is talking about with all of these ads?!

Also... Domain registry, hosting, bandwidth etc all cost money. I can't put a price on all of the of the technical info, resources and access to plants I can't buy in my area!!!! So I would have to say its a pretty fair trade.
Old 10-30-2012, 02:44 PM   #119
TerriM
Algae Grower

PTrader: (10/100%)

Agreed, I'm not really seeing many ads either. And all the ones I'm seeing are hobby related as well. Those that are getting ads that are not hobby related are probably getting ads related to searches they've done elsewhere if they are not members of the site and/or logged in.
Old 10-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #120
hobos
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Nope no ads
Closed Thread