C.o.a.s.t. - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > California

Old 10-26-2012, 06:25 PM   #31
AquaPipes
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Come on out Sunday, November 4th for a presentation on Tanganyikan Cichlids. The COAST fish club will be flying John Krepper out from Indiana to talk about these beautiful fish.

Quote:
Lake Tanganyika cichlids offer a great deal fish suitable aquarium fishes that I have kept over the years and I have accumulated a great deal of experiences. As part of my hobby I feel that it is also important to photograph and share these experiences with others. I have selected my best photos of the Lake Tanganyika cichlids and share my experiences in keeping these fish in the aquarium environment. Topics include a brief history of Lake Tanganyika, feeding, water requirements, territory requirements for various species, breeding behavior, photography and the general enjoyment of these beautiful aquarium fishes.
After the presentation there will be a large auction of fish, plants, and accessories, as well as a raffle.

The meeting is free, and guests are allowed to bid in the auction (Be sure to register when you come in). You aren't asking to join the club until your 3rd meeting.

Snacks and drinks are provided for a small fee.

COSTA MESA NEIGHBORHOOD COMMUNITY CENTER,
1845 Park Avenue, Costa Mesa California

Agenda:
1:00 Meeting begins; general announcements
1:30 Speaker Presentation begins
2:45 Auction begins
5:00 Auction usually ends; check-out begins
5:30 Meeting over

AquaPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2013, 07:51 AM   #32
AquaPipes
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Aquarium Photography

by Barry Heller

Join us this 4th of July weekend for a talk by Barry Heller discussing aquarium photography. He'll cover the basics of undestanding your camera, how to take good photos, and how to apply those techniques to your underwater friends. By the end of the meeting you should be ready to go home and start taking beautiful photos of your fish, shrimp, plants, and aquariums.

Barry got started with aquatic pets in the late 1960's, and in 1970 he stared taking photographs with a 35mm camera. Over the years he's combined the two hobbies together, and with 40 years of experience he's been able to hone his photographic skills and will share what he's learned with you.

AquaPipes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #33
plantbrain
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (260/100%)

Oct 6th, is me!
Old 09-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #34
Aqua Jon
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Hello. Is coast still going? I'm interested if it is!
Aqua Jon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.