Planted 2g Fluval Spec w/Dario Dario
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2012, 03:08 AM   #1
SeattleFishGuy
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Planted 2g Fluval Spec w/Dario Dario

So to start I already have a Planted 14g BioCube on another thread and I bought a 2g Fluval Spec as a hospital tank. However if I decided to use this as a bookshelf tank.

Tank: 2g Fluval Spec (Stock), 25w Heater, temp strip, 40%-50% water changes weekly (including Flourish Excel & Comprehensive Supplement).

Flaura: I planted my Spec with low light plants, Anubias Petite Nana (turned out to not be Petite Nana but some other variant), Java Fern, Frogbit, Trident Java Fern, and a few others I can't remember their names right now, sorry. I had just plain black aquarium gravel and a piece of drift wood as well.

Fauna: I started with a few Ramshorn snails to clean the tank but then added three RCS to grow the population. However, after a few months I decided I really wanted to try my hand at the one fish that wouldn't work in my bigger tank, Scarlet Badis (Dario Dario).

These fish do better by themselves and I should have just gone with one according to those who know better than I but I already bought two today a male and female (or at least I hope as they are julenives and I can't tell yet). It would be my goal to bread them for fun but if they turn out to be two males I figure that out later. Also two males in this small tank wouldn't be ideal for sure!

Feeding: I will feed them dry brine flake (this is what the LFS feed them), Frozen Bloodworms and Brine Shrimp, depending on what they like. Hopefully I won't have to use live worms but will do it if need be.

Anyway here are the pics so far...

The tank on the bookshelf:

Closer up:

Dario Dario:

SeattleFishGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.