gotplant's Iwagumi Valley NEW PICS 7/26/12 - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-09-2012, 03:40 AM   #46
gotplants
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2in10 View Post
Gorgeous tank, congrats
Thanks

Old 07-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #47
Caleb19
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Love this tank. Now you just need to swap out the unsightly Eheim Pipes for some nice glass or acrylic ones. Great Job!
Caleb19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #48
Williak
Algae Grower

Wow great HC carpet! 3 months drystart?? I'm about to start a DSM and I know at 30 days I will be itching so bad to fill it ha.

Do you think the whole 90 days was worth it on the DSM? Or do you think that once you flooded it, the growth really took off?

Great looking tank, really love what you've done. I'd planned on doing the white background but now I'm leaning towards black again...

The Fraternity of Dirt #89

2 gallon Walstad Shrimp Bowl [Yes ]
60p Iwagumi Journal [Put on hold until after I relocate in May ]
55 gal. Dirted/Stem Planted [55 gallon waterfall blowout]

Williak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:59 AM   #49
gotplants
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williak View Post
Wow great HC carpet! 3 months drystart?? I'm about to start a DSM and I know at 30 days I will be itching so bad to fill it ha.

Do you think the whole 90 days was worth it on the DSM? Or do you think that once you flooded it, the growth really took off?

Great looking tank, really love what you've done. I'd planned on doing the white background but now I'm leaning towards black again...
Haha thanks. Well I didn't really have a choice on the 3 month dry start because I had to do some other stuff. I didn't really mind it. I just misted every 2 days and filled it when it was ready. It really depends if it's worth it or not. For me it was because it grew so well during the dry start. I've seen others wait 1-2 months during a dry start and the hc barely even grew.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 AM   #50
sayurasem
SCAPEr

PTrader: (2/100%)

its been 20 days since the last fts, more please
sayurasem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:41 PM   #51
gotplants
Algae Grower

Well, it wouldn't do much if I put a full tank shot because the tank hasn't changed much since the last update. But I do have some photos I took recently of some random stuff in my tank.

Here are the painted fire reds I got from my girlfriends tank. I gave her about 5 juvies last year and now she has an extremely overstocked tank full of them. For some reason they are all a light solid orange in her tank and they still keep breeding. I took the most solid ones she had and they turned this red within a month.

Finally caught that amano.. I still need to get another one or two after the last one escaped.

BBA that's dying. There was some BBA growing on my HC as well. I spot treated it and it died within a day. The HC seems to be melting where the BBA was though.

Here's a little juvie I found a few days ago. After a closer look, I found about 5. I had no idea any of the RCS were berried.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #52
Steelwolve
Algae Grower

Hi, I seen this thread and wondered if there are any upadates on this tank. Its very neat to see capreted tanks develop and grow like yours did. VERY COOL Would love to see how its going. And pardon my newbieness but what is "HC".
Steelwolve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #53
stevenjohn21
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

what plant is used to make the arch in the original picture you posted that inspired you ?

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” -Gary Linekar

"Some people are on the pitch! They think it's all over! It is now, it's four!" -Kenneth Wolstenholme
stevenjohn21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #54
gotplants
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelwolve View Post
Hi, I seen this thread and wondered if there are any upadates on this tank. Its very neat to see capreted tanks develop and grow like yours did. VERY COOL Would love to see how its going. And pardon my newbieness but what is "HC".
Sorry for the late reply. HC is an abbreviated scientific name of the carpet plant I have. It's also called dwarf baby tears. I have unfortunately stopped doing updates for this tank because I haven't changed anything at all and it looks the same as the last update. I've also been extremely busy since school started so I don't have much time to do anything right now.. 17 units is a killer.. I'm planning on hopefully doing a complete tear down of my tank once I'm on my Thanksgiving or Winter break from school and will start over with a new journal!
Old 10-16-2012, 08:23 AM   #55
gotplants
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenjohn21 View Post
what plant is used to make the arch in the original picture you posted that inspired you ?
I think it is eleocharis vivipara but I'm not sure. I decided not to go that route and just kept only HC in my tank.
Old 10-16-2012, 08:31 AM   #56
gotplants
Algae Grower

Feel free to watch this video I made during my last update.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pbthIaFm-Oc
Old 10-16-2012, 06:01 PM   #57
styxx
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (13/100%)
Send a message via AIM to styxx

I love that video it was looking really good! I especially loved how cute the baby shrimp was!!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
styxx is offline   Reply With Quote