ADA MINI S(hrimp) - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 07-04-2012, 07:21 AM   #16
Erirku
Algae Grower

PTrader: (4/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowho View Post

May I ask where u purchased that intake filter cover?!?! thanks in advance!
Erirku is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2012, 10:11 AM   #17
Kevchan
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Haha yeah we tend to spend more than we hope in his hobby. But I got most my money back through selling my equipment and plants so it really isn't a loss. The hc is pearling like crazy. Its just for the first couple days.
Old 07-05-2012, 06:26 PM   #18
youknowho
Planted Member

PTrader: (9/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erirku View Post
May I ask where u purchased that intake filter cover?!?! thanks in advance!
I bought mine off of eBay but there are also sellers on the forum here that have them. Most of them are exactly the same and come from China.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #19
KenRC51
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Very nice!!!! Is the filter too strong for the tank as in creating too my water movement coming from the outflow pipe? Did you have to cut the inflow/outflow pipe to fit the tank?
Old 07-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #20
youknowho
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenRC51 View Post
Very nice!!!! Is the filter too strong for the tank as in creating too my water movement coming from the outflow pipe? Did you have to cut the inflow/outflow pipe to fit the tank?
Thanks. No the filter's not too strong for the tank. It came with quick disconnects and I control the flow strength with the the quick disconnect on the pressurized/return line. It's nice having that much customizability over the flow. I almost got the 2211 filter but it doesn't come with the quick disconnects, and I'm VERY glad that I got the 2213 in the end. I'd recommend it for any nano tank.

I didn't want to cut any pipes for this tank in case I use them on a different tank later, so no cutting was done. The suction pipe is long enough that it extends past the top of my stand, so I moved the tank further back on the stand to fit it.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:23 PM   #21
KenRC51
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Thanks. No the filter's not too strong for the tank. It came with quick disconnects and I control the flow strength with the the quick disconnect on the pressurized/return line. It's nice having that much customizability over the flow. I almost got the 2211 filter but it doesn't come with the quick disconnects, and I'm VERY glad that I got the 2213 in the end. I'd recommend it for any nano tank.

I didn't want to cut any pipes for this tank in case I use them on a different tank later, so no cutting was done. The suction pipe is long enough that it extends past the top of my stand, so I moved the tank further back on the stand to fit it.
Wouldn't obstruction of the flow in return line puts a strain in the motor because the inflow is still at the same rate?

I'm thinking about getting that 2213 for my 60-f.
Old 07-06-2012, 05:29 PM   #22
youknowho
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenRC51 View Post
Wouldn't obstruction of the flow in return line puts a strain in the motor because the inflow is still at the same rate?

I'm thinking about getting that 2213 for my 60-f.
No it's fine, other members here do the exact same thing with their quick disconnects. Get the 2213!
Old 07-06-2012, 05:38 PM   #23
KenRC51
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
No it's fine, other members here do the exact same thing with their quick disconnects. Get the 2213!
Alright cool, I'm gonna do it. Probably won't need a koralia for water flow then. Gonna buy it before I flood my tank.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:28 PM   #24
Geniusdudekiran
Prodigious Plant Pundit

PTrader: (44/100%)

Nice, but that HC needs a serious trim!
Old 07-06-2012, 08:36 PM   #25
youknowho
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Nice, but that HC needs a serious trim!
Yep, it's pretty untamed right now . I'm battling a cyanobacteria outbreak and doing frequent water changes. This weekend I'll be doing another water change and will mow the lawn then.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:11 AM   #26
youknowho
Planted Member

I got the cyanobacteria under control and let the tank continue to cycle. I trimmed the HC and am enjoying the moss that is starting to grow back in on the rocks. The water params look good and my co-worker needed to get rid of his amano shrimp before moving so they got the honor of being the first inhabitants in this new setup!

I'm running the CO2 very low, at 1 bubble per 3 seconds, but everything is still pearling like crazy (even the moss). My only guess is that because of the diaphragm creep that my regulator has, more CO2 is being dumped into the tank when I plug in the solenoid. It starts bubbling at ~3 bubbles per second until the pressure comes back down to 35psi. I don't have time to open up this regulator and inspect it and am not going to buy another regulator, so I might sell the CO2 setup once the CO2 is all used up. Honestly it's a bit of a bummer after spending so much time on it, but that's the way it goes.
Old 10-15-2012, 10:28 PM   #27
youknowho
Planted Member

Broke this tank down over the weekend. One by one the amanos that I added died off. Same with PFRs that I added as well. Every time I checked the water parameters they were good and I was feeding enough, so my only guess is the CO2 concentration was too high (despite doing 1 bubble every few seconds).

I will be rebooting this tank with a different theme and no more CO2. Stay tuned.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:19 AM   #28
youknowho
Planted Member

One last post since I'm parting ways with this tank . It's empty now and I hope to find someone to enjoy it as much as I have!
Old 10-23-2014, 11:52 PM   #29
youknowho
Planted Member

Yesterday I met up with cmdR_CHRIS and passed this tank along to him. He is just as excited about it as when I got it so I know it will be in good hands. He's already cleaned it up and started a journal for it so we can watch the next iteration of this tank unfold!