My tap water scares me - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fertilizers and Water Parameters

Old 10-13-2012, 05:39 PM   #31
jbrady33
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (14/100%)

My tap (well) is high Co2 / low O2. I don't have the room to age water, but I aerate it heavily on filling by partially closing the fill end of my water changer (makes it frothy), adding above the water line and running a large bubble wand during filling.

Ps: Diana - off-topic - you turned me onto Seachem Equalibrium on another thread - been working great, thanks!

Old 10-13-2012, 06:20 PM   #32
starrlamia
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

My tap water is 7.6 with very high kh and gh, I have kept a few species of fish and plants fine. My lfs keep almost everything in tap water. A few people on this forum were astonished that anything stays alive in my tanks lol maybe post what you are planning on keeping if you haven't already.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
starrlamia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:15 AM   #33
kiera
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thanks for all the information. I'll mix up some aged tap with grocery store water and some regular tap with grocery store water and see how my results change.

As I wrote in an earlier post, I'm a bit wary of various methods used to modify pH/GH/KH because I'd be worried about swings or crashes. I'd much rather just have a fairly consistent set of parameters, preferably ones generally amenable to a larger variety of fauna.