Ghost Adventures
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 10-12-2012, 01:15 AM   #1
happi
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (20/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to happi

Ghost Adventures

do we have any Ghost Adventures fans here? i love that show.
do you believe in ghosts? i personally have some ghost stories that happened in my life, which i will share later on, but i would like to hear if you have any ghost stories.

i am 26 year old now, i would like to share my ghost stories.

story #1

i lived in India for 13 years before moving to USA, every night we could all hear which sound like someone is on the roof walking around, you can hear it very clear from the inside the house. keep in mind that in India our homes are made out of tiles, metal, cement and same for roof, there is no such thing as attic in this house, so we cannot say animals are hiding in attic and causing the sounds. the walking sound will occur every night and every time we went upstairs to see it, nothing there, we have easy access to roof.

Story #2

i never seen anything ghostly in that house, but some of my family member have experienced it. once my cousin came to visit us, it was after midnight, she was sleeping in her bed, she was awaken by someone kicking on her bed, when she woke up she saw a face floating in front of her eyes, she said it was very scary looking and was not a human face. we had to call the priest the next day for help.

story #3

this is in the USA, during my high school time, age 19. me and my friend decided to go to ghost town, no one lives in this town, as we exit off the freeway to go to the town, we drove for another 3-5 miles and we all see this lady on the right side of the road, looking down at the ground and walking toward the freeway, as we drove pass by her we all got chilled. it was dark so we couldnt see her clear enough. we finally got to the town, there is a cemetary in that town, we decided to go there first, it was 1 AM in the morning and we kept on walking around in the cemetary, i did not see anything or felt anything there, beside one of my friend, his arm started to get cold and strated to hurt, it was hot summer night and his arm was freezing cold, we decided to leave and next we saw a broken house in the town, it was 90% broken down, we saw a tv as we drove by and the tv was on, there are no lights, no sign of electricity but TV was on in this broken house, we were like WTF. we decided to leave after this.

Story #4

this is recent one, just happened couple weeks ago, i came home from work, my dad was sleeping in his room, he was the only person who was at home at that time. i came home, opened the door and went straight upstair to the bathroom (door wasnt closed) and i was just looking at myself in the mirror and suddenly hear heavy footsteps of someone running in the kitchen, which is only 5 feet away from the bathroom, i rushed to see what ever it was, but nothing, i could hear the last 3-4 footsteps going away from me before it was completly gone. i swear i was not tired or sleepy, imagning or on drugs.
my brother go to work around 2pm and i come from work around 3PM, once he asked me if i was walking around in the house, his room is in the basement and he could hear if someone is walking on the stairs, he thought it was me who was home eariler that day, but i was still at work.

END

i have more stories but i am going to sleep now, gotta go to work early. but i swear all these stories are real and not made up.

Last edited by happi; 10-12-2012 at 04:13 AM.. Reason: N/A
happi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2012, 02:14 AM   #2
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

I believe in them. I've been in a couple haunted houses and seen some pretty spooky stuff. My step grandmother lived in one of them as a child and had some pretty chilling stories to tell as well. When I was a deputy, the jail that housed our office was very haunted. Think about the spirits of some of the evil folks housed there over the years, a couple murdered inmates, some suicides, a slain deputy on the front steps just inside the door in the front of the jail house...yeah, that place is haunted big time. Some nights for no reason I'd get a terrible chill and just feel something, a presence but nobody was there...I'd leave immediately and not go back rest of the night.
EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Last edited by Nubster; 10-12-2012 at 07:16 AM.. Reason: added info
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 02:39 AM   #3
psalm18.2
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

I believe in spirits, not ghosts. I have heard stories and know people with spirits in their homes. I have never seen/heard/experienced myself, but I think it's my faith protecting me from their presence.

We live in a material and supernatural world. Their are too many stories for them not to exist. I believe spirits are dead people, angels, and demons.
I think some people can experience them and others can't.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:58 AM   #4
if_fishes_were_wishes
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (22/100%)

I've had some strange things happen that I can't explain. Once, I stayed over at a friend's house and was sleeping alone while my friends slept upstairs. I kept feeling little footsteps on the bed, going up by my side. I'd open my eyes and see nothing. Closed my eyes and felt it again. And again. And again. Eventually, I said, forget this, and ran upstairs where my friends were. It was like a cat or something and my friend didn't own a cat. It's just something you don't make up and there's just no explanation. This was a long time ago, but I'll never forget it!

Another time, I was at an ex-boyfriend's house and I looked up the stairs and saw a bubble, a small soap bubble, floating down the stairs. Now, that's just weird and random! Just going down the stairs!

Now, I'm a biologist. I try to reason things out, but with these things, I just can't.

And, one night, with some friends who saw the same thing, we all looked up at the sky - stars were out...then we saw a smoke trail form in the shape of a perfect square. In the sky. We just looked at each other like what the heck was that???? I don't drink or do drugs! Shoot, that'd be an easier explanation!

I spent the night at my grandpa's house, he's in his 90's and I was keeping him company after my grandma died (gosh, I miss her). I slept in the room where she passed away, and I was scared. I actually wanted a sign from her since I didn't get to say goodbye, but nothing there is a room in the house that is always cold, freezing, even in the summer!

maybe nothing happens when you're looking for it. Same with my fiance's dad...he passed away in a room down from where we spent the night, but nothing, no sign...
Eheim pimp #255

55 gallon semi-aggressive community tank, 13.3 gallon cherry shrimp tank 12 long reef
12G Rimless Club
if_fishes_were_wishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:04 AM   #5
tharsis
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

I like the show.

I find that alot of what they do is pretty hoaky but the show is entertaining and it keeps me interested. I especially find that the EVP interpretations are kind of lame. I try to close my eyes when they play the EVP's and see if I can come up with the same phrase that they do, and I always fail.

I don't necessarily believe in ghosts or spirits but I do think that there are unexplained phenomena that I can only assume are linked to some sort of unknown/leftover energy. I have never had a paranormal experience but I wish that I have. The creepiest things I have ever experienced were from my cats, I swear they used to see stuff in the room that I couldn't see.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:07 AM   #6
happi
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by if_fishes_were_wishes View Post
I've had some strange things happen that I can't explain. Once, I stayed over at a friend's house and was sleeping alone while my friends slept upstairs. I kept feeling little footsteps on the bed, going up by my side. I'd open my eyes and see nothing. Closed my eyes and felt it again. And again. And again. Eventually, I said, forget this, and ran upstairs where my friends were. It was like a cat or something and my friend didn't own a cat. It's just something you don't make up and there's just no explanation. This was a long time ago, but I'll never forget it!

Another time, I was at an ex-boyfriend's house and I looked up the stairs and saw a bubble, a small soap bubble, floating down the stairs. Now, that's just weird and random! Just going down the stairs!

Now, I'm a biologist. I try to reason things out, but with these things, I just can't.

And, one night, with some friends who saw the same thing, we all looked up at the sky - stars were out...then we saw a smoke trail form in the shape of a perfect square. In the sky. We just looked at each other like what the heck was that???? I don't drink or do drugs! Shoot, that'd be an easier explanation!

I spent the night at my grandpa's house, he's in his 90's and I was keeping him company after my grandma died (gosh, I miss her). I slept in the room where she passed away, and I was scared. I actually wanted a sign from her since I didn't get to say goodbye, but nothing there is a room in the house that is always cold, freezing, even in the summer!

maybe nothing happens when you're looking for it. Same with my fiance's dad...he passed away in a room down from where we spent the night, but nothing, no sign...
good story and sorry that you couldn't say goodbye to your grandma
Old 10-12-2012, 03:09 AM   #7
happi
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharsis View Post
I like the show.

I find that alot of what they do is pretty hoaky but the show is entertaining and it keeps me interested. I especially find that the EVP interpretations are kind of lame. I try to close my eyes when they play the EVP's and see if I can come up with the same phrase that they do, and I always fail.

I don't necessarily believe in ghosts or spirits but I do think that there are unexplained phenomena that I can only assume are linked to some sort of unknown/leftover energy. I have never had a paranormal experience but I wish that I have. The creepiest things I have ever experienced were from my cats, I swear they used to see stuff in the room that I couldn't see.
yeh their evp sometime sound different than what they make out of it. but show is fun to watch, fake or real.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:12 AM   #8
tharsis
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

I like that they have alot of scientific equipment, the fact that they even get EVP is cool (regardless of the interpretation), I also like it when they break out the digital thermometers and get like a 15 degree drop in temperature.

The thing that they use that says actual words is interesting, I wish I knew how it worked.
Old 10-12-2012, 03:49 AM   #9
if_fishes_were_wishes
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by happi View Post
good story and sorry that you couldn't say goodbye to your grandma
Thank you....I'm sorry too I miss her terribly.
Eheim pimp #255

55 gallon semi-aggressive community tank, 13.3 gallon cherry shrimp tank 12 long reef
12G Rimless Club
Old 10-12-2012, 04:14 AM   #10
happi
Planted Tank Guru

Updated with my Stories
Old 10-12-2012, 04:31 AM   #11
if_fishes_were_wishes
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by happi View Post
Updated with my Stories
I just read those, all alone in the dark. That was stupid of me lol.
Eheim pimp #255

12G Rimless Club
Old 10-12-2012, 05:09 AM   #12
herns
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (229/100%)

They exist. They are real.
herns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #13
Bear Sage
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

We play drinking games to that show! Every time Aaron says "dude" during marathons we take shots.

My grandpa was a high priest to some big occult in mexico (one I'd rather not name), in his youth. A culture he passed down to his sons, my uncles. I've personally have seen and heard some things even as a rational thinking adult, I still have no explanation for. That being said, there are things science nor religion have ventured into or brought to light.
Bear Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:43 PM   #14
c_gwinner
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (19/100%)

I believe in spirits and ghosts. The show is great but I think some times they try to hard to make things seem paranormal with all their gizmos and what not.

You have to have had an experience to truly understand it and the one that always sticks out in my head is one from a hunting trip. My wife's family has a house in a small town that her great grandfather built. It was built from from the leftover wood from and old hotel that stood where the house is today. Last year about this time (Oct-Nov) I went and stayed one weekend there in the house by myself so I could get some bow hunting in while I could. This house is really old and not very well insulated and you can hear everything that is going on outside on the square no problem. This house makes you feel as though someone is always watching you, but in a kinda calming reassuring way. I just remember going to the bathroom before going to bed and noticing a cricket hopping around in the bathroom and didn't think anything of it and just went to bed.(I didn't squish it or take it outside I was just letting it be) I wake up in the middle of the night with this weird feeling so I decide to go to the bathroom and look down and the cricket is now smashed on the floor. I got the weirdest chills from it and still cant come up with an explanation.

Sorry for the long post

Canon Pimp Club #094
c_gwinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 03:54 PM   #15
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psalm18.2 View Post
I believe in spirits, not ghosts. I believe spirits are dead people, angels, and demons.
I think some people can experience them and others can't.
I think its semantics. as they are all spirits. ghosts, ghouls, creepy crawlies or whatever we label them are generally the same, though their purpose and how they came to be might not be.

I was able to see ghosts growing up. Enough to know there's more than meets the eye in the world.