29g Lighting
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 PM   #1
harsh.darji

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default 29g Lighting

I have a 29 gallon (I believe it is tall) and I have a "deluxe" Aqueon hood covering the entire top. Only after going about doing research on lighting and planted tanks, I found out the single 17-watt T8 bulb is not sufficient.

I recently purchased a Hidden LED System by Marineland to accompany it. It is seventeen inches long, is comprised of 72 individual LED lights, each of which are .06 watts each. The total power is about 4.6 watts and 400 lumens. I know wattage doesn't count and neither does how bright they look (which I must add, they look quite good) but is the combined light output of a T8 bulb sitting on top of the tank and an LED strip accompanying it good enough to put me in the medium lighting region.

I want to grow dwarf hairgrass, that's why. Right now, the grass is ten inches under of twenty watts of compact fluorescent (50% daylight, 50% actinic) lighting in my ten gallon. Thanks!
harsh.darji is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
29 gallon, led, t8 fluorescent

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.