Need some help ^-^; - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Old 10-07-2012, 01:57 AM   #16
Monster Fish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

You can use Seachem tabs, but Osmocote+ is cheaper in the long run.

Sounds good. I recommend a filter for the tank. An Aquaclear 50 would be great.
RAOK Club #77|The Fraternity of Dirt #112
Monster Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2012, 03:00 AM   #17
AVN
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Your lighting choice is good, that's what I use personally, except mine's 24 inches.

1. derp

2. I also agree on your filtration, you can use a small filter for this tank to keep it clean as you're stocking it with bioload that is more than a couple of guppies. I also think frogs prefer calmer still waters, so a small filter/pump is in your favor.

3. Please describe to me your ideal plant, as there are many variations of moss and carpeting plants. Have you seen dwarf baby tears? they're pretty cute and they are leafy, so your frogs could easily hide in the carpet when the leaves grow tall enough.

Last edited by AVN; 10-07-2012 at 03:02 AM.. Reason: Read wrong!
AVN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #18
AVN
Wannabe Guru

A suggestion for the frog feeding... the same way I feed my turtle.

You can take a small plastic container and fill it with warm water. Transfer your frogs into this and if they're fine with it, you can feed them in there. The warm water also helps them do their business... so they can get all the dirty stuff done outside of the tank before you reintroduce them.
Old 10-07-2012, 04:12 AM   #19
Lynke
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I'm not sure what filter I am getting yet. The pet store by me is having a sale for a 20 gallon tank with filter, heater and lighting for 15$. I want to see what kind of filter it is and if its a bad one see if I can talk them into throwing a better one into the deal. Either way the tank alone for 15$s makes me extremely happy XD

Plants I have an interest in are java moss (attached to drift wood), water sprite, narrow leaf micro sword (Lilaeopsis maurituis) and java fern. I especially in love with the look of the narrow leaf micro sword and am happy it seems to meet my requirements. These seem to be easy, hardy plants that I also find attractive. Still doing research to find other options

As for transferring them for feeding im not sure how applicable that is. It's not recommended to handle them much. One of them comes up to me and lets me hand feed him but the other one always lurks at the bottom and I feel it would be to big a stresses on him to catch him.
Lynke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:26 AM   #20
Monster Fish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Lilaeopsis maurituis grows slowly in low light. Go with Sagittaria subulata instead if you want a grassy look.

You don't need to transfer them to feed them. All you need to do is throw food in the tank and they will gladly devour it.
RAOK Club #77|The Fraternity of Dirt #112
Monster Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #21
AVN
Wannabe Guru

Again, did not say you had to, just a tip for cleaner water.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:26 PM   #22
Lynke
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

No I know you didn't mean I had too AVN XD it would definitely keep the water cleaner I just don't wanna risk stressing them out or accidentally hurting them.

Monster fish thank you for the plant suggestion. The look is very similar :3

Thank you again guys ^_^ I really appreciate the help. I'll gather up the supplies and post anymore questions if I have them along the way. I will also post up the tank when I set it up.
Lynke is offline   Reply With Quote