Need some help ^-^;
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2012, 03:20 AM   #1
Lynke
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question Need some help ^-^;

Hello everyone. I am new here and new to planting a tank. I have tried planting once before and everything died rather horribly. I have been trying to do some research but i must say that the great wealth of knowledge and vastness of equipment has me confused.

I am looking for a low-tech, low-maintenance tank setup. I have 2 african clawed frogs who are getting a new 20 gallon tank and i would love to try to give them a nice, natural aquarium. Plus the way a planted tank looks keeps on drawing me back to trying it again.

I would love a nice carpet covering type plant. One of those that look like grass. I'd also love a slightly taller, bushy plant for my frogs to hide in. I don't want to use c02 and i would ideally like to keep away from abundant fertilizing. If anyone can provide some plants that would work well together and also possibly suggest lighting that would work for my need that would be awesome I apologize if i am being redundant in the information i seek but i am a little confused and would appreciate a more direct approach ^-^
Lynke is offline   Reply With Quote