Brooklyn Aquarium Society 10/12 - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > New York

Old 10-05-2012, 12:35 AM   #16
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (8/100%)

Meowkitty49 if you come and have to leave before the auction is over I'll be glad to drive you to the train so you don't have to walk by yourself. It's a Friday night I can't believe the trains stop running so early, then again I think it's been at least 15 years since I've been on a train. And that goes for anyone else wanting a ride to or from, I'll be glad to take you to a train or home if you're on this side of Brooklyn.
furnfins is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2012, 02:04 AM   #17
Qckwzrd
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

its a shame that BAS has so many great members who do alot of breeding and things but the forum is so dead. I figured with so many breeders and things going on that more people would be on the site. I think they have two senior members who breed bettas who is always at the events. People could just come and look at whats going to be up for auction and if nothing sparks your interest, leave. I'm going to try and bring some plants, snails and other things to give up for auction. It goes to a good cause.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:18 AM   #18
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qckwzrd View Post
its a shame that BAS has so many great members who do alot of breeding and things but the forum is so dead. I figured with so many breeders and things going on that more people would be on the site. I think they have two senior members who breed bettas who is always at the events. People could just come and look at whats going to be up for auction and if nothing sparks your interest, leave. I'm going to try and bring some plants, snails and other things to give up for auction. It goes to a good cause.
are you a member of BAS? Last meeting they were talking about trying to get that forum going. they have a contest going on for the most posts. It is a pretty dead forum though. I'm going to bring some fish for the auction, it should be fun.
Old 10-05-2012, 03:24 AM   #19
DeLaFe
Algae Grower

BAS is pretty late to the game as far as technology is concerned. I remember offering to make a website for them about 15 years ago...

I am going to renew (or join again, it has been so long). Do you know if they take advantage of email and send out email alerts and updates?

Alfred
DeLaFe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:25 AM   #20
VivaDaWolf
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

Hey guys, free aquarium from 3-5, dunoif you wanna hang out then, kill three hrs somehow at coney with dinner? Just an idea.
VivaDaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:29 AM   #21
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLaFe View Post
BAS is pretty late to the game as far as technology is concerned. I remember offering to make a website for them about 15 years ago...

I am going to renew (or join again, it has been so long). Do you know if they take advantage of email and send out email alerts and updates?

Alfred
I don't know if they're doing that yet, I still have another year to go, but they are doing email for the monthy newsletters etc. which started late last year. You can join up at the auction if you want to and they'll probably have your card by the end of the night.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:23 AM   #22
Qckwzrd
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by furnfins View Post
are you a member of BAS? Last meeting they were talking about trying to get that forum going. they have a contest going on for the most posts. It is a pretty dead forum though. I'm going to bring some fish for the auction, it should be fun.
I became a member 2 years ago and it expired (I never renewed it) If I go Fri then I'll def renew it then. I may even wear my extra tight BAS polo shirt lol.
Old 10-05-2012, 04:37 AM   #23
Heartnet
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (40/100%)

For anyone who wants to go, they definitely should check it out! You never know what kind of awesome deal there might be. A couple of us decided to stay for a few auctions on wednesday night and we ended up staying for the whole thing! Lol it was really fun.

Jellie and I will be carpooling to the auction. For anyone in queens, I live in elmhurst, so if anyone wants to hitch a ride, I have three seats.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2
Heartnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:06 AM   #24
eeng168
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (99/100%)

I just remember that I have plans and I can't make it!

eeng168 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:55 AM   #25
Snuffelupagus
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaDaWolf View Post
Hey guys, free aquarium from 3-5, dunoif you wanna hang out then, kill three hrs somehow at coney with dinner? Just an idea.
Since im working in Brooklyn for the next 2 weeks. Im going to be there at 3, Who else is coming early?
Snuffelupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:12 AM   #26
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qckwzrd View Post
I became a member 2 years ago and it expired (I never renewed it) If I go Fri then I'll def renew it then. I may even wear my extra tight BAS polo shirt lol.
I think it's worth it, it's a large club but nice people. In fact the pres. Joe was at Greater NY for Rachels talk. I spoke with him, I'd like to volunteer for the show they're planning to have if things go right. I do alot for my dog club so why not for my fish club

Meowkitty I live in Brooklyn, I was just worried about you walking to the train alone if you had to leave before anyone else...I have kids older then some of you,lol,I just didn't want you to be afraid to get to a train.

Hey Jellie you going to the auction? If you still want to we can do a split on the repashy, if not there might be venders from yourfishstuff there, they have repashy too.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
furnfins
Planted Tank Enthusiast

by the way the doors open at 7:30pm.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:16 AM   #28
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (174/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffelupagus View Post
Since im working in Brooklyn for the next 2 weeks. Im going to be there at 3, Who else is coming early?
Maybe me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnet View Post
For anyone who wants to go, they definitely should check it out! You never know what kind of awesome deal there might be. A couple of us decided to stay for a few auctions on wednesday night and we ended up staying for the whole thing! Lol it was really fun.

Jellie and I will be carpooling to the auction. For anyone in queens, I live in elmhurst, so if anyone wants to hitch a ride, I have three seats.
I might need a ride back to queens if I go.

Quote:
I may likely take u up for aquarium and dinner. The f train is a straight shot down to coney island which is convenient for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeowKitty49 View Post
I do so love aquariums and I haven't been there since ... I think '07-ish? I might be interested if MrBrongher is interested. What time does the event start again? ?_?

I'd totally love to meet at 14th and take the train down together. It's such a looooooong ride. So for all intents and purposes, I'm in as of now. :3 Unless something catastrophic happens. In which case, I will inform.
If you and mrbrongher care to meet at 14st and ride down, lmk what time. Me thinks meeting before 3 and checking out the aquarium would be fun if your schedules allow otherwise we can meet up for dinner and auction at bas.

Argh the desire to be with fish is strong in me.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:18 AM   #29
MrBrongher
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
This would be cool, but I have work until 730. I'll see if I can't get out at 7 instead, but I won't have hang out time before hand.

The event opens at 730 and the auction starts at 830, though everything tends to run late at these things.
MrBrongher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:36 PM   #30
jellie
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (22/100%)

Quote:
tempting....