3 gallon Mr. Aqua/plant rescue side project (56K)
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Planted Nano Tanks

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-03-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
Dave Allen
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Default 3 gallon Mr. Aqua/plant rescue side project (56K)

It's been a real test of patience watching my emersed plants grow in my main tank, so I suppose it was only a matter of time before I setup a second tank.

The tank was a craigslist find, and I've had it for at least two years. It did have a short run as a shrimp and moss tank, but neglect turned into a green mess. So after a thorough cleaning, its back to its original state:

I really get excited about empty tanks like this, especially once I start thinking about how it will get filled! One of my motivations to re-due this tank is to salvage a very neglected anubias and some seen-better-days moss. More on those plants later.

For substrate, I used the ADA additives and Aquasoil Amazonia left over from my 60-P build. Since I still haven't flooded that tank, I haven't seen the ADA substrate perform. I'm excited to see it perform in this wee little tank.

The Penac P and W, Clear Super, Tourmaline BC and Bacter Ball (crushed) is added. Something I forgot with the big tank (but made sure to do with this one) was to brush the additives away from the sides. Purely aesthetic, but so much of this hobby is!

Last edited by Dave Allen; 10-03-2012 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: title name change
Dave Allen is offline   Reply With Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.