Tales of an Ugly 29 **Now with photos**
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
Aquatic Delight
H is for Hillstream

PTrader: (9/100%)

Its been a awhile since i updated this, and i have a lot of things to add to the story.

first i bought a LED light for the tank, Marineland Double Bright 30". I bought some chain and Hooks to hang from the ceiling, and spraypainted the chain a dark brown to help it blend in.

then a few weeks later my canister filter came in. i made a huge mistake with this, i forgot that it was going to have to cycle in the canister. I woke up and i found out the hard way i made a big mistake. i lost all of my hillstream loaches, both of my amanos, and prolly some RCS.

excited for the oppertunity to get a few new fish i went down to a LFS where they had just gotten in a new shipment. one of which was double red aggazzis, they were super young, me and one of the employees spent about 30 mins staring at fish trying to figure out a male female pair. and luckly we ended up picking out a pair . i then decided that i was going to do this right instead of just throwing stuff together and seeing what happened. so i pulled the Penguin tetras and gave them to my LFS, i ordered 6 more Rummy Nose tetras to get a school going.

(i don't really like the front left rock pile thats my third attempt at making it something i am happy with...idk)

at some point i lost the male killi, i'm thinking he jumped ship. i moved the female to my Cray tank, and she seem pretty happy there. i also added a few more panda corys

2 Double Red agassizi
2 German Blue Rams (I i think 1 male and 1 female)
9 Corys (1 aneus, 1 Albino, 1 Juli, 6 pandas)
8 Rummy Nose Tetras
unknown #of full grown RCS
3 Bamboo Flower Shrimp
1 Vampire Shrimp
2 Zebra Nerite Snail

Hillstream/Boreno Loach Refuge

A Light Heart is Better than a Heavy Wallet.
Aquatic Delight is offline   Reply With Quote