Christel Kasselmann 'In the Flesh'
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington

Old 09-17-2012, 04:50 AM   #1
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)

Christel Kasselmann 'In the Flesh'

Hi All,

We had a huge turnout at our local aquarium club meeting Saturday night; over 130 fish and plant geeks showed up for one of the most memorable meetings in the history of our club. Christel's presentation on 'Rare and Usual Aquatic Plants' lasted two hours and I was so enthralled it seemed like 30 minutes. She covered the plant species, environments, and water conditions that she found in her 40+ expeditions throughout the world. What surprised me the most were the pictures of the many excellent species that have been discovered but never make it into the hobby (or on to the forums).

On a side note I had the opportunity to meet a fellow TPT member: Tex Gal, President of the Dallas Ft Worth Aquatic Plant Club, for the first time; what a warm and wonderful individual.

Here are some shots that Erik Olson (AGA/thekrib.com) took during our meeting. Enjoy!

Christel taking questions after the 2 hour+ presentation

Christel during the lecture; approx 1/3 the audience; can you pick out Tex Gal??!!

Christel during the lecture most of 130 member audience

One of Three 'mini-auction' Tables; Young member checking out the LED Light fixture being auctioned

Last edited by Seattle_Aquarist; 09-17-2012 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: ..
Seattle_Aquarist is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
Centromochlus
Honeycomb Master

PTrader: (116/100%)

What a great opportunity to be able to have Ms. Kasselmann speak to GSAS. Looks like it was a fantastic meeting with a very high turnout! Wish i could have been there to hear her speak...

Thanks for sharing the photos.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
Algae Beater
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

i saw her presentation at the Vancouver Aquarium, it was great !!
Algae Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 01:06 PM   #4
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hi Algae Beater,

I'm glad you enjoyed her presentation. GSAS and VAHC have an excellent relationship and have worked together to bring several high quality speakers to our members; this is just another example of what can be done with a little cooperation.

Old 09-18-2012, 07:06 PM   #5
Da Plant Man
Nerd Alert.

PTrader: (74/100%)

Hey! I see myself!

She was very cool, I wanna go collecting pretty bad now. I may have an opportunity to go (somewhere like Brazil) collecting next year, but I just need somebody to go with, seeing as it would depend on my parents letting me go with somebody, it would not be alone.

RAOK CLUB #12
Wabi-kusa Pimp #1
"99% of the time, a fish tank with plants will fail. Once you start a dedicated planted tank with fish, then you begin to succeed." - Geniusdudekiran
Da Plant Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:31 PM   #6
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

Hey Plant Man,

I am glad you made the trip from CA to Seattle; it was great seeing you! Keep an eye on 'airstone', I heard some rumblings of a possible Central America trip.