The Planted Tank Forum banner

For Sale: EVERYTHING! Malaysian driftwood, shipping bags, fluorite, gravel, etc...

6K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  HighDesert 
#1 · (Edited)
I have completely gotten out of the hobby a while back, but now that we're about to hit the road and travel, I have to get the storage unit cleaned out and emptied. I have around 8-10 great pieces of Malaysian (sinking) driftwood (too bulky and heavy to really want to ship). I also have the other things mentioned in the subject line. I would prefer a local pickup here in Buena Vista - and whoever comes out will get some good prices. I just need fish things to find new homes without having to take pictures and ship things. Email me with any questions.

I could also consider a trade for a good gun, ammo, or both.

Thanks in advance,
Sharon

#2 · (Edited)
EDIT: Please see the list below - ALL will be sold as one lot. No time for folks coming out taking up loads of time to get one or two things - and this is TOO good of a deal to pass up! Believe me, there's something here for every fish keeper! Thanks for understanding about my time shortage, and for your interest!

#5 ·
Sorry, I literally have NO time for shipping things. That's the point of offering things for half price when new, or ultra cheap when clean and not new. I simply do NOT have time for spending much time on the fish stuff. I have a 16x45 storage unit that is still really full, and the fish stuff is such a small part of the whole picture. I would like someone to come and buy what they want, and then I have less stuff to clean out of the storage unit. I'm sorry, but I simply don't have that kind of time. If you have a specific item that you hope I have, just PM me. I wish I could be more accommodating, but when working too many hours a day (7 days a week), well - something has to give, and "customer service" seems to be the thing that will have to suffer - no shipping and no photos... Sorry... :redface:

#7 ·
Now that sounds like a great idea - send one or two representatives to "shop" and they can get whatever the entire group wants. Quicker for me, and for you as a group. I don't believe that you guys would be disappointed - there's a lot of fish stuff there. Now I'll leave you guys to organize, and this extremely tired gal is hitting the pillow. Have a great evening, and I look forward to making an appointment with one or more of you guys...

G'nite :sleep::sleep:

#8 ·
FYI - it's not a big deal to come over here from Denver - we just were in Denver for two days. It's a beautiful drive, and when you get here, it's calm, quiet, and beautiful. It's actually calming and DE-stressing to come over this way! Plus you can get some great bargains on your supplies and equipment!

#11 · (Edited)
Here's a thought - if most of you guys are in the Denver club, why not one or two of you come over, get everything that others want (or you think they might want), then take it to the club meeting. Might even use these things as part of the monthly mini auction.

Let me explain further... The shelves are full and they're stacked/packed like this - 6 ft wide, 2 ft deep, appr 4 ft high! Every box on the shelves is full (or almost full if I've taken something out). There are air pumps, sponge filters, HOB filters and filter media, Fluval canister filter, new Fluval parts, Magnum 330 canister filter, heaters, fish food, chemicals (for plants and for fish), magnet glass cleaners, python water change system with extra length, Milwaukee CO2 regulator, Mr Cleaner, Quiet one 1200 pump, a super cool custom cave/planter, fish/aquarium books, and more that I cannot begin to remember.

There's enough fish stuff here to launch an entire addiction for the average group! See why I can't do pics and ship individual items? That plus the 15 hour work days...

Let me know if/when you guys want to come over. The many large pieces of driftwood and TX holey rock are almost reason enough by themselves - plus there's a couple hundred pounds or so of MEGA clean gravel. Save money on all this stuff so you can buy more great fish!! In answer to the "large flat rate box of driftwood" - most of these pieces wouldn't begin to fit in a flat rate box - much less more than one!!

#12 ·
I'm in NM, but am probably going to be in the Denver area quite a bit over the next few months. I was pretty pressed for time this last trip, but if you still have goodies the next time I'm through I'd be happy to pick up for whomever might need stuff shipped.

What do you do for a living?!? Fifteen hours is a loooong shift! ER doctor/nurse?

#13 ·
If several of you wanted to buy some of the items, I would consider making the drive over to pick up and help out. Anyone want part of the stuff they are offering?

PM me and we can see if we can make the trip worthwile.

#14 ·
Tell you what I'll do guys because I know it's difficult for you guys to want to drive all the way from Denver to Buena Vista without having a pretty good idea of what all I have here and if it's something you guys want or not... Wednesday I'll take the day and do a "fairly good job" of an inventory list, and come up with a "ballpark" price for it all. The "lot" price would only be good for the entire boat load of fish stuff, if we have to do individual items when someone comes out, it will get a little more pricey. I'll make it tempting to take the entire lot though. That area that I mentioned that they're packed in was a pretty close guess - turns out it's more like a 6' x 2' x 5' - and honey it's packed!

So stay tuned and Wednesday's project will be the inventory of it all... UGH. But I would rather one visit from one person/group come get it all than to have to have it parted and parceled out for a month!

Oh, as to my "job" - I work from 7 am till 10 pm every single day selling off all of our belongings. We've moved from a large two story home and two storage units to full time RV living/traveling. So we have A LOT of stuff to get rid of. Much of it has involved "out of control hobbies" like the fish keeping. Niche market kind of stuff that's hard to sell. Plus hubby was a custom home builder, so we've had lots of tools and such to sell as well. Don't laugh - when you live 2.5 hours from Denver, 2 hours from the Springs, and 3 hours from Pueblo - selling things is harder than you'd think! So back to my "job" for now - and Wednesday I'll make a nice long list for you guys!

Thanks everyone!
Sharon

#15 · (Edited)
EXTRA Discount for one week!

EDIT: the "middle man" is out of the equation, so here's the list and lot price for all the fish goodies. Phew! The inventory took a couple of hours to get it all logged in, then more time making the list for online! I hope to sell it all within the next two weeks or it will just sit in storage until we come back to CO - we're leaving the state soon for the winter and won't be back till May something or another...

I think you'll see that I've made a very complete list and a VERY fair price! I just would like to have it all go at once and have my stuff (that's all very clean I might add) bless others.

ITEM/ NOTES
Air line tubing 2 pkgs/25 ft
Air stone (long)
Almond Leaves (10 bags) appr 300 grams
Ammolock (16 oz) opened but full
Aquarium salt (2 lb bags x 3 bags) have appr.40 lbs or so total
Aqua-tech #3 cartridge 6 pack (5 left)
Asst: big caves, light parts, power heads Big gray bin
Auto fish feeder (don't know if it works)
Bag of pipettes
Bio-Bag tetra 4 pk large cartridges new
BioWheel penguin power filter cartridges 3 pk NEW
Box of filter material
CO2 bubble diffuser New in package
CO2 bubble diffusers 2 used, but clean
Coral ornament
Double breeder in box
Filter Max III prefilter for 40 gal NEW Asst Last Fish Box
Fish Cave (1 of a kind - custom made)
Flora Light ultra gold, full spectrum (Hg) 6@23"
Flourish (seachem) 500 ml new, unopened
Flourish Excel 500 ml new, unopened
Flourite 15 lbs NEW in orig box
Fluval 204 all there except case
Fluval 404 Needs impeller & cover/ball in pickup tube - VERY clean media
Fluval 405 Has all parts VERY clean media
Fluval foam (204/205) & (304/305) new, qty 2 boxes
Fluval O-ring (304/404) used - kept as a spare
Food 3 Crab bites, 1 Betta bites, 1 Bio-Blend
Food: New Life Spectrum
Glass scraper (metal blade) w/long handle
Glass scraper (metal blade) w/short handle
Glass scrubbie w/handle
Glass tank tops assorted
Hagen "hose shapers" 4 pair
Hagen Aqua stop valve new in bag
Hagen Hose Locknuts 2 pair
Hang on side quarantine containers qty 2
Heater: Ebo Jager 50W used
Heater: Hagan tronic 150W
Heater: Hydor 50W used, good condition
Heater: Hydor 50W New in box
Heater: Top Fin 25W 2 used, good cond
Heater: Tronic 50W used, good condition
Heater: Visi Therm 300W used, like new
HOB filter & tubes 5 clean
HydroSponge II used, clean
HydroSponge III new
Kent Freshwater pro-clear 1/2 of 8 oz bottle
Liquid ferts (16-20 oz/bottle) 3 bottles new bottles (treats 600 gallons each)
Mag Float 125 cleaner qty 2
Magnum 330 Canister clean with all parts
Magnum core for micron cartridge new
MelaFix (16 oz bottle) almost full
Mr Cleaner gravel vac
Net 31 1/2" long NEW (large net): 8x7x7
Nets (assorted sizes - sm/med) 8 nets
Ornaments
PimaFix (16 oz bottle) 1/4 full
Pincher plant grip/scissors
Pleco cave w/ top small slate qty 2
Pleco cave w/o top small slate
Pleco caves (granite w/clear top) qty 4
Pleco caves (terra cotta - no tops) qty 2
Pleco caves (unassembled, all parts included) 6 slate caves total
Plexiglass tops for 5 gallon tanks (2)
PMDD pre mix (dry)(13 oz) aquarium fertilizer
Potassium 500 ml new, unopened
Pump Whisper 600 works ok
Pump: Elite 802 new
Pump: Elite battery air pump new, qty 3
Pump: Rena Air 100 new
Pump: Aqua Culture works, but not a great pump
Python 10' extension NEW in pkg
Python 50' + 10' extension with all parts included
Quick Cure 3/4 oz new
Rubber bands for shipping 1 lb, size 8
Ship Rite chemical small amount
Shipping bags (12x20) 4 pks of 25
Shipping bags (3x12) 100 ct?
Shipping bags (6x18 - 2 mil) appr 3,000 bags
Shipping bags (assorted sizes)
Skewers (long) for food qty 2
Super Leader sponge 200L new, qty 3
Tank light 30" adapted for high watt
Tank light 36" (2 96 watt bulbs each) qty 3
Test Kit
Test Kit (FE) almost full
Test Kit (GH & KH) used once
Tetra-tec Pro II filter cartridges 4 pk X-Lg
Thermometers: Aqua Minder prog.- 1 New, 1 Used
Thermometers: Coralife Digital (4 w/dead batteries)
Thermometers: Coralife Digital (3 New)
Timer power strip Fish Misc Box
Big box of lighting misc mostly new lights in packages
TX Holey rock Appr 50 lbs
Gravel (natural color, some mixed w/fluorite) several hundred pounds VERY CLEAN!
Black sand 25 lbs
Driftwood (smallest is 1.5 lbs, largest is 11.75 lbs) 10 pieces totaling 45.31 pounds
Tank: 2.5 gallon w/lid

If I sold all this separately, it would add up to a
very conservative $1900 - but in the interest of
time and sanity, I'll sell it all together in one lot
for a quarter of that! So $475 to you or anyone
and it all goes at once to bless others!

I've highlighted the priciest things in red font - and for the next week only (from 9-1 till 9-9), I'll take an extra $100 off for a fast CASH sale on everything included in the above list! Any questions - please holler at me. Thanks again for your time and interest!
Sharon

#18 ·
Two weeks from today we're all done with selling anything this season. We have friends coming to town on the 28th of September, and we all pull out in our RV's and leave CO for the season. If it's not sold by the time we leave, I'll consider selling in pieces and parts when we come back in late May. I would rather sell the lot at once though - thus the super low price. Remember "conservatively" the lot is worth $1900 when sold on the forums, ebay, or craigslist - but it's only $475 to make it go away fast. If it doesn't go fast, I'll sell it later for more - the slow way...

#22 ·
Id take it all right now if you could throw it on a pallet and ship it. Im all the way here in NJ.
Sucks, man :/. If you were willing to sell it on ebay and ship it, youd make way more dough. You should see if anyone offers an ebay selling service in the area (you give em crap, they do all the work and keep a %). Youd end up with more than 500$ unless they ripped ya' off :D

#23 ·
No ebay seller companies around here - but I'm quite capable, been doing it for many years on [Ebay Link Removed] Just simply don't have time before we leave. I have about 30 zillion things to do before leaving - so if it's still available when we get back, it will be on the forum after May...

#24 ·
Hey folks... if enough people are interested in some of this stuff, I can get away from here for the day and pick it up. I would need to know what you're interested in. I'll ship at cost. This is like a 5 hour drive for me, so I can't really go unless enough people are interested, but I thought I'd throw that out there, since there is some good stuff that a lot of us could use! Please PM me if you're interested in anything and we can figure out how to make this work! I will cross-post on the sale thread saganco posted.

#25 ·
This will be a SUPER thing Jennie!! I have folks from several other forums interested in single or small groups of items. It would be a win, win, win. You (Jennie) would get what you want, sell what others want, and I get out of the hobby in one fairly quick visit and ready to be on the road for the winter. Awesome deal - and thanks - you're an absolute doll to make an offer like that! You get HUGE FISHY AWARDS for this! :fish: :fish: :fish: :fish:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.