Planted Tank “Under New Management” - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > The Planted Tank Information > Important Update/Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 04:06 AM   #31
ua hua
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (51/100%)

Thank you Kyle for the huge amount of time and resources you have put into this site and this hobby. It takes a dedicated person to start a forum and turn it into a huge success like this.
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death life is only a dream which is an imagination of ourselves. Bill Hicks
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ua hua's 90 gal. high tech
ua hua's 5,000 gal. water garden
ua hua is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 04:14 AM   #32
SCHWINN5
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I know I've been here lurking for a week, I figure ill make my first post meaningful.

Kyle, I have been around lurking for a year, I have seen that things you have done, I am sad that you moved on. Please keep us posted.
SCHWINN5 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 04:26 AM   #33
chad320
Planted Tank VIP

PTrader: (101/100%)

Thanks for all that youve done to provide us with a top notch forum Kyle. As with any changes, there will be growing pains and some folks are better able to adapt than others. Ones person, or even a few peoples opinion isnt likely to sway the odds, but just make you look like a poor member. With that being said...Welcome Adam! I look forward to having you aboard
Old 09-13-2012, 04:30 AM   #34
kevmo911
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

Kyle: Thank you for everything. You deserve more than a simple "thanks", so I hope you've been sufficiently compensated in other ways for your time, problem-solving efforts, and general frustrations

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumadmin View Post
As you have read above, PetGuide.com has come to an agreement with Kyle and will now be the owners of PlantedTank.net. We here at PetGuide.com bring with us staff and resources to make this site grow by leaps and bounds. We provide the resources necessary to run this site and maintain the day to day technical and managerial tasks that are time consuming for one person.

With that I would like you all to know that this is still YOUR community and we are here to work with the community and the existing staff to keep this site a place for you to come and feel at home.

My name is Adam, please feel free to ask questions in this section of the forum and I will do my best to answer any and all of them. As of now I will be the only PetGuide.com employee to join the site, I am here to answer questions help with technical issues and make sure we are doing our job and keeping you all happy. If you have any issues, feel free to discuss below. I hope you all enjoy this new chapter in PlantedTank.net life.

Thank you all for reading.
Adam
Adam, thank you for making the effort to make yourself known and offering a forum for questions.

I, and likely most other forum members, would like to know exactly what changes or additions, however small, that you plan to make to our beloved website. Clearly, there must be a financial incentive for acquiring a (relatively, considering the popularity of the hobby as a whole) popular site such as this, so I assume ad revenue is one of those incentives. Anything else? If so, what? Your finances are your concern, but how they affect "us" is ours as well.

This is probably evident if your corporation owns and runs a large number of websites, but we, the populace, will be kept happier if somebody is around to explain what's going on.

In any case, good luck, and I hope we will all benefit from the change in ownership and management.
kevmo911 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 04:39 AM   #35
plantbrain
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (260/100%)

Enjoy the much desired freedom now Kyle. A nice weight off the shoulders is always a welcomed thing.
Old 09-13-2012, 04:41 AM   #36
plantbrain
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (260/100%)

Quote:
My name is Adam, please feel free to ask questions in this section of the forum and I will do my best to answer any and all of them. As of now I will be the only PetGuide.com employee to join the site, I am here to answer questions help with technical issues and make sure we are doing our job and keeping you all happy. If you have any issues, feel free to discuss below. I hope you all enjoy this new chapter in PlantedTank.net life.

Thank you all for reading.
Adam
What aquariums do you keep Adam?
Old 09-13-2012, 04:49 AM   #37
oldpunk78
/)ಠ_ಠ(\

PTrader: (107/100%)

Kyle, I have not always agreed with your policy, but you always did what you thought would be best for this community. For that I am truly grateful. Thanks again and enjoy your new found freedom.

Regards,
Josh
oldpunk78 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 10:17 AM   #38
l8nite
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Good luck Kyle! I've learned so much from this community in my first month as an aquarium owner. I've started using "plantedtank.net" as a filter in any of my aquarium-related google searches, too.
l8nite is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 11:02 AM   #39
robbowal
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Kyle
you can be very proud of the community you have helped to thrive and survive over the past ten years.
best of luck to you in your future endevours.

And for the new owners welcome to our world, you have very big shoes to fill.

Robert
Canon Pimp Club #003
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." Albert Einstein
"Living in the lap of luxury isn`t bad, except you never know when luxury is going to stand up." Orson Welles
robbowal is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #40
forumadmin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by plantbrain View Post
What aquariums do you keep Adam?
I used to be big into aquariums when I was younger, but started moving around a lot with jobs and such, so sadly had to stop. Moving it became a huge PITA.
I'll probably get back into it when I'm firmly in a house and not in an apartment.
forumadmin is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 01:49 PM   #41
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (441/100%)

Congratulations, Kyle!

I hope this means you'll now have time to start a dozen or so tank journals for us to read!
somewhatshocked is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 02:46 PM   #42
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (205/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

Quote:
I used to be big into aquariums when I was younger, but started moving around a lot with jobs and such, so sadly had to stop. Moving it became a huge PITA.
I'll probably get back into it when I'm firmly in a house and not in an apartment.
A common story! Hope you come back to the fold And welcome!
msjinkzd is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2012, 02:56 PM   #43
acitydweller
ओं मणिपद्मे हूं

PTrader: (177/100%)

Thanks to kyle for creating such a wonderful community
Old 09-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #44
audioaficionado
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

Welcome aboard Adam.

Kyle I hope you get enough to set up an awesome tank and then some. Don't be a stranger and come back often to visit your baby and TPT friends.

45 gal tall high-tech : 2-23-12 update
Complete CO2 Leak Test : How to build a CO2 regulator

Never argue with a fool. Onlookers often can't tell the difference.
Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional.
My advice is free and worth every penny.
audioaficionado is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2012, 12:12 AM   #45
jflng
PTO

PTrader: (87/100%)

Thanks for the great site Kyle. It's sad to see the forum change hands, but I trust Adam will keep the ship sailing; as long as he starts a planted tank asap.

Welcome Adam,

Have you completed the hazing process yet?
jflng is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.