Planted Tank “Under New Management” - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > The Planted Tank Information > Important Update/Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2012, 04:53 PM   #16
Robert H
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (31/100%)

The actual company is called Verticalscope, a Canadian company that owns over 200 forum web sites. Very interesting.
RAOK Club #1
Kindness like love is unconditional
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #17
antbug
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)

oh boy, the ad's have started.......

Old 09-12-2012, 10:40 PM   #18
BruceF
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (6/100%)

Thanks for the ride Kyle. I've always liked this site.
Old 09-12-2012, 10:48 PM   #19
moosenart
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (15/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forumadmin View Post
As you have read above, PetGuide.com has come to an agreement with Kyle and will now be the owners of PlantedTank.net. We here at PetGuide.com bring with us staff and resources to make this site grow by leaps and bounds. We provide the resources necessary to run this site and maintain the day to day technical and managerial tasks that are time consuming for one person.

With that I would like you all to know that this is still YOUR community and we are here to work with the community and the existing staff to keep this site a place for you to come and feel at home.

My name is Adam, please feel free to ask questions in this section of the forum and I will do my best to answer any and all of them. As of now I will be the only PetGuide.com employee to join the site, I am here to answer questions help with technical issues and make sure we are doing our job and keeping you all happy. If you have any issues, feel free to discuss below. I hope you all enjoy this new chapter in PlantedTank.net life.

Thank you all for reading.
Adam
Allow vendor reviews and fix the broken SnS system

I ride motorcycles.

Last edited by moosenart; 09-13-2012 at 02:22 AM.. Reason: Wrong tense
Old 09-12-2012, 11:17 PM   #20
hydrophyte
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (141/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosenart View Post
Allow vendor reviews and fixed the broken SnS system
The SNS is not "broken". The admin and mods put a lot of effort into developing the new system and it is a substantial improvement over how it was before.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:29 PM   #21
Seattle_Aquarist
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (38/100%)

+1 for hydrophyte's comment. First of all there is no SNS system, the SNS sub-forum died a well deserved death due to abuse and it is gone. The new FST sub-forum might need some 'tweaking' but the basic guidelines are fine and fair for the average hobbyist that uses the sub-forum. Some individuals may have issues which the changes that were implemented, especially the individuals that counted on the forum to augment their income.

Old 09-13-2012, 12:01 AM   #22
Crispino L Ramos
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (456/100%)

Kyle, Thanks for all the help you've provided me in the past. You have addressed my problems, concerns, needs in a timely, hassle free manner. It was a privilege that I could only appreciate better now that the old familiar TPT is over and gone. "All good things do end" echoes in my mind.
Old 09-13-2012, 12:22 AM   #23
speedie408
ShrimpKeeprExtraordinaire

PTrader: (391/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispino Ramos View Post
Kyle, Thanks for all the help you've provided me in the past. You have addressed my problems, concerns, needs in a timely, hassle free manner. It was a privilege that I could only appreciate better now that the old familiar TPT is over and gone. "All good things do end" echoes in my mind.
x2

Kyle,

You've been a great forum admin. Just wanna say thank you for doing what you've done overall to make this place what it's been for the past 3+ years that I've been a member here. Best of luck to you and your endeavors. See you around bro.

Best regards,

Nick
Old 09-13-2012, 12:43 AM   #24
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (205/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

i have to agree with that sentiment as well. You have been available, had an open ear, and very receptive to my needs and ideas. I am very sad to see you go, and just al ittle apprehensive at new ownership, lol. You have spoiled us, Kyle! I do hope that some day when life is less hectic, I can help you stock a tank as a thank you!
Old 09-13-2012, 01:22 AM   #25
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

PTrader: (52/100%)

Quote:
Allow vendor reviews and fixed the broken SnS system
Pretty crummy. Pretty darn crummy.

This was an announcement by the founder of the site basically thanking the membership for their support over the years and informing the membership that the site has been transferred to new ownership and this is the comment you decide to post.

I find it completely inappropriate, offensive, and probably one of the absolutely most self servicing thing I have ever seen posted on a discussion forum.

You have exposed your agenda to me, the rest of the moderating staff, the previous forum owner and new ownership. This was not the place to grind your axe. Not the place at all.

Disgusting.

Poor form. Completely, utterly poor from.
Old 09-13-2012, 01:49 AM   #26
Phish
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momotaro View Post

I find it completely inappropriate, offensive, and probably one of the absolutely most self servicing thing I have ever seen posted on a discussion forum.
Disgusting.
Overreact much?
Old 09-13-2012, 01:52 AM   #27
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

No not an overreaction. My opinion.

You can quip and try to minimize all you like, but you won't change my opinion

I edited out a smart alecky comment I made. Sorry. I shouldn't stoop down like that
Old 09-13-2012, 01:58 AM   #28
Phish
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)

You would think a moderator would have a more professional opinion is all. Carry on.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 AM   #29
Momotaro
Doesn't like Kool-Aid

Professional requires someone to be paid. We are not paid.

I am entitled to my opinion just as you are yours.

You can "carry on" as well.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:31 AM   #30
sewingalot
I ♥ BBA!

PTrader: (112/100%)

Guys, let us remember the intent of this thread. It is here in order to say goodbye to Kyle's wonderful ingenuity and dedication that created a fantastic site for us all to enjoy and learn from. Also, let us welcome the new administrator team and say hello to Adam who has bought the site in order for us to maintain the ability to share our love of the hobby.

If there are individual complaints about someones actions, report them or speak to a moderator/administrator in private. Any off topic bickering from this point forward will be removed no questions asked.

Let's please take this time to welcome Adam and say goodbye to Kyle as owner of this site. Thanks!

Adding: If you are upset with anything said here, free free to continue this discussion via private message with either the administrator or the moderators. Change can be stressful understandably, but I am going to request that we maintain a positive discussion from this point forward so that everyone can benefit. Also, do feel free to voice your concerns here about the change in ownership, but please be respectful of one another in future postings. I thank you all for your cooperation in this matter!

Last edited by sewingalot; 09-13-2012 at 02:48 AM.. Reason: See added paragraph
Closed Thread