help setting up shrimp breeding tank - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 09-12-2012, 03:33 PM   #16
cantsay39
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (14/100%)

First off for crs you definitely do not need heater, this was told to me by the uncle at "Win" aquarium store long time ago.. 2nd off if you are keeping bee shrimps be aware that fss would buffer to from 6.5 --> 6.8 it can go up but rarely goes down, and my crs have some darn problem breeding in there. that is my opinion because in each of the tanks i have i used different substrates to get different ph and water parameters.
cantsay39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #17
Dany08fa
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (11/100%)

Well my tank is cycling now. I added a whole lot of biomax from my other tanks to help with speeding things up.

Im gonna try just using my tap first with the shrimp. I know they will be heathly and not die cause im using tap in my 2.5 shrimp tank. If they dont breed ill start doing wc with ro water. If they start breeding ill buy a ro unit. Seems like if i can get my ph down a little more then my parameters will be pretty close.

Im planning on adding moss to the tank. Should i not dose ferts or is using seacheam florish ok? (not excel)
Dany08fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:58 PM   #18
shrimpzoo
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)

I wouldn't bother dosing if you're going to use tap water. But I would dose if you use RO water.

Dosing seachem flourish is fine if you do choose to dose it anyways. IMO undemanding mosses don't REALLY need it.

Tags
breeding, crs, shrimp