freph's Mini M - Page 12
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 02:13 AM   #166
Geniusdudekiran
Prodigious Plant Pundit
 
Geniusdudekiran's Avatar
 
PTrader: (44/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 5,371
Default

Holy otos! How many are there, five?
__________________
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs
Geniusdudekiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-30-2012, 03:18 AM   #167
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
Default

looks great freph!
orchidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 03:52 AM   #168
freph
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (22/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 2,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Holy otos! How many are there, five?
I believe so. It was only going to be 4, but Rachel sent me an extra. They're happy anyway. Social creatures and stuff. There's 11 amanos in there too. Needless to say, my algae woes are gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
looks great freph!
Thanks!
__________________
20L - Decommissioned Mini M - Decommissioned
freph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:30 AM   #169
DanW11
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Posts: 22
Default

Looking great, that riccia is pearling up a storm! Looks like the glosso is sending out runners too, I'll bet carpeting is just around the corner.

Congrats on battling through the algae woes. Those amanos are pretty awesome eh? Just absolute clean-up masters.
DanW11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:32 AM   #170
freph
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (22/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 2,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanW11 View Post
Looking great, that riccia is pearling up a storm! Looks like the glosso is sending out runners too, I'll bet carpeting is just around the corner.

Congrats on battling through the algae woes. Those amanos are pretty awesome eh? Just absolute clean-up masters.
Glosso is spreading like crazy and the riccia is just amazing in its own right. Everything is doing very well now. Can't wait for the glosso to spread into the front right corner...means I can turn the outflow from the 2211 all the way up.

I did break my Pollen Glass Mini, though. RIP money. :/
__________________
20L - Decommissioned Mini M - Decommissioned
freph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 AM   #171
frrok
Wannabe Guru
 
frrok's Avatar
 
PTrader: (10/100%)
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Rockaway Beach, NY
Posts: 1,494
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freph View Post
Glosso is spreading like crazy and the riccia is just amazing in its own right. Everything is doing very well now. Can't wait for the glosso to spread into the front right corner...means I can turn the outflow from the 2211 all the way up.

I did break my Pollen Glass Mini, though. RIP money. :/
Love this tank. Good work so far!

That's what worries me about glassware. They seem very fragile and its tough spending all that money for it to break very easily. I broke a diffusor and wasn't even in the tank yet. Well I fixed it with a little bit of silicone. It may not be pretty but it works. If your in a pinch you can do that until you get a new one.
__________________
The Fraternity of Dirt #11
Wabi-kusa Pimp #6

25cm Cube

ADA MINI-M Journal

ADA MINI-M REDUX
frrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 11:28 AM   #172
Geniusdudekiran
Prodigious Plant Pundit
 
Geniusdudekiran's Avatar
 
PTrader: (44/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Columbia, SC
Posts: 5,371
Default

Hey! Send me the broken pieces! Lol
__________________
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." -- Steve Jobs
Geniusdudekiran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 PM   #173
freph
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (22/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 2,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frrok View Post
Love this tank. Good work so far!

That's what worries me about glassware. They seem very fragile and its tough spending all that money for it to break very easily. I broke a diffusor and wasn't even in the tank yet. Well I fixed it with a little bit of silicone. It may not be pretty but it works. If your in a pinch you can do that until you get a new one.
No need to, I've always got spare up aqua ones laying around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geniusdudekiran View Post
Hey! Send me the broken pieces! Lol
If you really want me to, I can lol.

I'll do an update today. For now...breakfast, class and a haircut.
__________________
20L - Decommissioned Mini M - Decommissioned
freph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:24 PM   #174
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
Default

How old are you? Have fun at class
orchidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:59 PM   #175
freph
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (22/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 2,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
How old are you? Have fun at class
21 good sir. College senior majoring in computer science and minoring in math.
__________________
20L - Decommissioned Mini M - Decommissioned
freph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:40 PM   #176
freph
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (22/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 2,255
Default

As promised, an update. Had the replacement ADA diffuser shipped out today, should be here Monday or so. $139.95 later... Oh well, such is life and the current state of the USD vs JPY. Trimmed the hairgrass down since it was getting unruly. Other than that, everything is on autopilot. Fish next Thursday!

Post WC


About an hour post WC - pearling riccia!


Cool overhead shot. Healthy stuff.


Amano army, assemble!
__________________
20L - Decommissioned Mini M - Decommissioned
freph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:53 PM   #177
moosenart
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
moosenart's Avatar
 
PTrader: (15/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Castle Rock, Colorado
Posts: 785
Default

Looking good!!
__________________
DBP Club

I ride motorcycles.
moosenart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:14 AM   #178
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freph View Post
21 good sir. College senior majoring in computer science and minoring in math.
awesome! not sure why anyone would want to minor or major in math! blech
orchidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 AM   #179
freph
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (22/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Fayetteville, NC
Posts: 2,255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosenart View Post
Looking good!!
Thank ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orchidman View Post
awesome! not sure why anyone would want to minor or major in math! blech
It's one extra course from computer science, so why not, eh?
__________________
20L - Decommissioned Mini M - Decommissioned
freph is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:21 AM   #180
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freph View Post
Thank ya!



It's one extra course from computer science, so why not, eh?
guess that makes sense, lol! but i wouldnt wanna do that! haha horticulture FTW!
orchidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012