Skunk Corydoras Las Vegas
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Nevada

Old 08-27-2012, 03:21 AM   #1
Elppan
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

Skunk Corydoras Las Vegas

Help! I located one skunk cory at a petsmart near me, he was labled as a 'peppered cory', but I nabbed him to join my small cory school. I'm hoping to find more, but I haven't found any more labeled correctly or not anywhere near me. I live up on the North West. Has anyone seen any at any stores in the valley.
I don't want him to be all alone with my school of peppered corydoras, I would love to get a few skunks for him to school with.

Have any of you seen any of these cute little guys in the valley?
Elppan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2012, 07:54 PM   #2
TeteRouge
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

They are cute! I had seen them a couple years ago, likely a Petsmart as well, but not recently. Last week, the Petco at Rainbow/Spring Mtn had some beautiful cories there, but speckled type, looked like sterbai. They have interesting stuff there, and will order, no extra charge, so if you don't run into any soon, ask them. I don't often see any cories in the small LFS...
10g 3x divided Betta planted

Dana

LasVegas.Freshwater.Aquarists
TeteRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #3
Elppan
Planted Tank Obsessed

Ah, I will have to see if they can find me any. Like I said, I found this little guy by accident and mislabeled. I figured I'd provide a much better home than petsmart all alone.
So now my tank has 7-9 Ghost Shrimp (Started with 9, can only ever find 2-7 at a time to count, damn clear shrimp haha but I love them)
4 Cherry Red Shrimp (I'm waiting to see if they turn into snacks before I get any more)
5 Peppered Corydoras
1 Skunk Cory
3 Panda Corys
and 2 African Dwarf Frogs (Those are who I'm worried about eating the shrimp, but they are adorable, yet dumb, so hopefully the shrimp stay hidden haha)

All my tank babies are enjoying the Anubias Nana I've tied to my drift wood.
My shrimp seem to love the Bacopa, and they are growing well.
I think it's Anacris (I'm quite positive I'm butchering that name). I have some floating, and I've planted a few stems, that's also growing quick.
While everyone in my tank enjoys uprooting my dwarf hairgrass I so carefully planted haha.
Do any of the LFS in the valley buy excess plants? I know for sure I'm going to end up with a jungle otherwise haha.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
TeteRouge
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

lol, I hear ya-getting a head count on shrimp of any kind is tough! The frogs may well be a problem. I've been tempted myself, but have resisted. Its not the chase with them, its the ambush...

It sounds like you have a nice tank going there!

I'm not sure about LFS buying your plants, they tend more to give store credit. That being said, it can happen You'll also find local members happy to buy/trade for your extras. Couple of us are looking around now for plants.

There is a small local group just starting on FB, you'd be very welcome! FYI, joining a FB group won't give other members full access to your FB page if you like to keep it separated. They only see the public part that anyone can see ;D
http://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/449628941744749/
10g 3x divided Betta planted

Dana

LasVegas.Freshwater.Aquarists
TeteRouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:01 PM   #5
Elppan
Planted Tank Obsessed

So far my frogs are leaving the shrimp alone, but I am working on setting up a nano tank just for the Cherry Reds. I've fallen in love with them, and I'd prefer for them not to end up as frog snacks. I'm not too worried about the ghosts, considering they tend to walk on top of my frogs and not get chewed on, but they are much larger than my reds.

I'm off to go join the fb Group now!