Grogans 60p - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 08-19-2012, 10:54 PM   #16
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Okay..So it only took me 3 hours and 4 beers. Man I was on a mission! Put on some tunes and start planting. If I can manage to not kill all of these plants that would be awesome. Hell Im even wanting to break down the 56 gallon and replace it with another rimless we have at the shop! Alright well here we go!

The loot that I picked up today. Tons of plants, ADA diffuser, and some more Aquasoil.

Re worked the gravel lines and added some more to level it off. Then I misted the entire thing to prepare for planting.

Crypts first

Stem plants..and lots of them

Glosso, my carpet plant

Before adding the carpet plant

I love these tweezers!

Almost there

Slowly filling after attaching the flame moss to the submerged driftwood areas.

And presto! Decided to put the bar stools in front of it because Im going to be sitting here alot.

I did however have two problems. My Hydor inline heater has not arrived at the shop yet so Im using a temporary heater. My clear CO2 pressure rated tubing would not fit the diffuser. I guess I could have forced it on but the thing cost way to much money to risk it. I used an older piece of CO2 tubbing from a previous setup instead. Its only temporary. I will be picking some up from the shop tomorrow. Oh and the rocks piled up on top of the driftwood are temporary. They are there to hold the driftwood down until it is water logged.

All in all, I am very happy with how it turned out.
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2012, 04:35 AM   #17
Williak
Algae Grower

About to start my own 60cm rimless iwagumi tank. Looking forward to seeing where yours goes!
Williak is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #18
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

UPDATE OF ALL TIME!

Day 3:
Hands down the best growth I have ever seen in a planted tank. This is my first time using the ADA platform and it works. Grinning from ear to ear right now. Im about to order their full fertilizer system...I am sooooo broke. However I cant argue results:

Old 08-21-2012, 06:39 PM   #19
BoxxerBoyDrew
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

HOLY COW MAN!!!! BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!

I am soo glad you stayed with the wood piece, as it is AWESOME!!! I can't wait to see it water logged and the rocks removed! And the rocks Ya used around the wood are perfect! I really dig the plants Ya chose too! It will be a master piece when it gets grown in!

AWESOME BOAT YA have there!!! I bet Yall have had bunches of good times aboard it! A trip to Alaska is on my bucket list 4SURE!!! Both to Fish and Hunt, and I hope I will be lucky enough bring some awesome rocks and wood home too, so I can do a Alaska scape in a planted aquarium to help remember the trip!

Subscribed 4 SURE!!!

Keep up the AWESOME WORK!!!
Drew
BoxxerBoyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #20
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

If your coming to Alaska it will be impossible to not bring rocks back. I will go play frisby golf and end up emptying my bag of discs and filling it with rocks. Ill walk around with 8 frisbys in my hand and 50lbs of rock haha. Yeah its growing in rather nicely. Ill add another update shot tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #21
Assassynation
Planted Tank Obsessed

Sweet setup man, keep up the awesome work!
Assassynation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 01:07 AM   #22
akdylpickles
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Wow looks great! can't wait to see it fill in. Is the other 60p still at the shop?
Old 08-29-2012, 06:56 AM   #23
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdylpickles View Post
Wow looks great! can't wait to see it fill in. Is the other 60p still at the shop?
Nah, they all sold instantly. Sometime next week Ill be putting in another pallet order. I plan on doing mostly tanks and Power Sand. Its always fun with ADA pallets.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:21 AM   #24
akdylpickles
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Yeah I bet! I really need to stop in now that im back home.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:01 AM   #25
Bleeker
Algae Grower

Beautiful job. Can't wait to see the plants filled in. Just a quick question tho. The distance between the top of the soil and the top of the water isn't that high, It won't take long for a trimmed stem to grow to the surface. Just wondering how you are going to trim those stems to make them look beautiful all the time. Not just for three days when they are at the perfect height. I only ask becuase I am running into this problem and I wondered what others do to make their trims look good.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:25 AM   #26
grogan
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by akdylpickles View Post
Yeah I bet! I really need to stop in now that im back home.
With my new job I am rarely in the shop. However, I am still the ADA purchaser. D, pick yourself up a book of ADA and p.m. me items you are interested in. We sell items WAY cheaper than any shop can ship them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleeker View Post
Beautiful job. Can't wait to see the plants filled in. Just a quick question tho. The distance between the top of the soil and the top of the water isn't that high, It won't take long for a trimmed stem to grow to the surface. Just wondering how you are going to trim those stems to make them look beautiful all the time. Not just for three days when they are at the perfect height. I only ask becuase I am running into this problem and I wondered what others do to make their trims look good.
Good question actually. I never considered this until yesterday when I did a water change. My stem plants behind the driftwood have already hit the surface. I plan on trimming this weekend and seeing what I can do. I almost think I should have gone with some swords and simply let them grow out of the aquarium.

As of right now there is good growth and no algae. I still have the lame heater and ugly CO2 tubbing. I have been swamped at work and to busy to get into the shop.

Here are some update shots:

You can see a new glosso bud in the front. The plant is slowly growing.
Old 08-30-2012, 02:51 PM   #27
Bleeker
Algae Grower

Either way I thnk It will look cool. I can't wait to see the moss on the DW to grow nice and green. Subscribed!
Old 09-16-2012, 07:58 PM   #28
Bleeker
Algae Grower

Any updates!
Old 09-22-2012, 04:11 AM   #29
Assassynation
Planted Tank Obsessed

Whats it look like now man...
Assassynation is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2012, 08:26 AM   #30
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Beautiful!
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.