Any decent fish stores close to Butte?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Montana

Old 01-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #1
saganco
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (56/100%)

Any decent fish stores close to Butte?

I have a friend who's been going all the way from Butte to Missoula to a PETSMART (or Petco, I forget) of all things! She says there's only one store in Butte, and it's awful - dirty, and sick or dying fish all the time. So if anyone knows of something worth her drive (she's been going 110 miles to the "box store"), please let me know and I'll pass it along to her! Thanks everyone.
saganco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
smackpixi
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

You asked quite awhile ago...but just thought I'd offer....Bozeman is a shade closer and also has a PetSmart. In addition it has an independent store in the 4 corners area that claims to have the largest aquarium in Montana. Nothing really special about the store, but it is independent and has a giant show tank.
smackpixi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2010, 04:04 AM   #3
books421
Algae Grower

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to books421
Default A little late, but anyway! Maybe you're still there?

I live in Kalispell and there are 2 LFS here. They are both very nice, but no plants.

When I moved here I didn't know of any LFS, and couldn't find any.

One day I happened to look at the back of a Super1foods receipt and found one.

Just keep your eyes open there might be one hiding some where close!
books421 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
Praw
Algae Grower

Missoulian here, besides PetSmart, we have Tropical World... which is a very dirty, scary place, but if the rumors are true they are under new ownership and moving so maybe they'll get better. We apparently have a new saltwater store somewhere, but I'm not sure what it's called or where it is. Oh, yeah, and the mall, but I've never really looked closely there.

If anyone has any more information...
Praw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2012, 11:41 PM   #5
mshine1217

Default Aquarium plants in SW MT

I know that this is an older thread, but I just joined. I live in Deer Lodge and I go to Petco in Helena if I need something in short order. I actually purchase many plants on-line at BlackJungle.com.
Karen from Montana, owned by: 1.2.0 - Equine - Griz, Butter Baby, Freedom, 0.1.0 - Feline - Cassie, 3.1.0 - Canine - 1 Min Schnauzer, AJ, 1 Lhasa Apso X, DaniLyn, 2 Giant Schnauzers, Trucker & Trooper, 1.0.5 - Fire Belly Toads, Fri - Wed,, 0.0.4 - Axolotls, Pip, Hewey, Lewey & Dewey, 0.0.2 - Hermann's Tortoise, Ari & Ona, 1.0.0 - Humanus Maritus - Ron
mshine1217 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.