Washington state visit!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Washington

Old 07-26-2012, 12:58 AM   #1
moosenart
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (15/100%)
Thumbs up

Washington state visit!

Hello all! My dad and i are going to my brothers wedding reception in Spokane on Saturday, we arrive Friday morning. We will have time to kill, anything worth finding?

We will be driving to Seattle for my campus tour of The University of Washington on Sunday. I have Sunday evening open and most of Monday. The we're going to Roslyn for the mandatory "Northern Exposure" homage.

Anything to see? LFS', sight seeing, blah blah blaa

Thanks,

Dan

I ride motorcycles.
moosenart is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 01:28 AM   #2
Kehy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (9/100%)

If you were hanging out in Eastern Washington more, I'd suggest the Grand Coulee dam. The tours are great, and the lazer light show at night is pretty cool. It's not too far from Spokane, but it is a bit of a trip. Also great for showing off the desert side of the sate, lol.

In Seattle, the Seattle Aquarium is pretty sweet, Pike's Place Market, Ye Olde Curiosity Shoppe, just hanging out by the piers (the aquarium and curiosity shop are on the piers, the market's fairly close by), are all great.

Oh, and while you're in Roslyn (not a whole lot to see), go down the road a bit and stop by Central Washington U and check out Ellensburg. Not that I'm advertising or anything. Not at all.
Kehy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:39 AM   #3
kribkeeper888
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Stopping by leavenworth on your way or way back to spokane going over sephens pass is pretty cool you have to love the mtns and europian style of the whole town and the shops are fun. And I agree pikeplace and the aquarium both on the waterfront is sweet. But If you dont go to Seattle much a trip up to the top of the space needle is a must. Its pretty costly these days but if you go on a clear day the veiw is incredible. There arnt really any MUST see LFS in seattle. The best in the whole northwest is the Wetspot tropical fish in portland OR.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:32 AM   #4
moosenart
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (15/100%)

I am planning on the aquarium...

I ride motorcycles.
moosenart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:20 PM   #5
bluestems
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

I agree that Leavenworth is worth a stop and that there's not much to see in Roslyn. If you stop in Leavenworth, the best brats are at Munchen Haus.

In Seattle, the space needle at dusk is awesome. You can check out the views, then stick around for the sunset. Just beautiful! The EMS (music and sci-fi museums) is right next door and fun too.

A ferry trip out to Bainbridge Island is cool if you've never done it, and gives you an awesome view of the Seattle skyline.

Go to Fairmont, see the troll under the bridge, check out the local shops.

Pikes place is fun, and the original Starbucks is across the street.
bluestems is offline   Reply With Quote