Available for sale 8/1/12 - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

Old 08-06-2012, 03:14 AM   #16
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (204/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

i do have more tigers coming in tomorrow, not sure yet what they will look like.

I have probably 30 or so adults left of the supers, but want to reserve some to continue breeding. I have peewees in that tank as well, so won't be "out", but will hold off selling as to make sure I retain breeding stock.
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-06-2012, 06:57 PM   #17
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

What are your parameters for the super tigers? What other shrimp will you be getting soon? Have anything for sale not listed? I am looking for some more yellow neos, PFR's, and I'd love to get some tigers again.
EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Nubster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:16 PM   #18
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
What are your parameters for the super tigers? What other shrimp will you be getting soon? Have anything for sale not listed? I am looking for some more yellow neos, PFR's, and I'd love to get some tigers again.
I had ordered a bunch of stuff, unfortunately, 2/3 of it did not come in.

The super tigers are in neutral water with low conductivity and room temp (about 74). I have bumble bees which are not listed, but would have to poke around and see what else I am hoarding and have forgotten about. I know I have a species that is not formally id'd (which I still have no idea about) that I got in as a bangladesh black bee as well as some low order gracilirostris. I also have a colony of dark green (not babaulti) which are establishing nicely. I do have yellow neos now, and a handful of nice cherries, but I don't know that i would call them PFR grade- good opacity though. I ordered more tigers today, but they had a rough trip. I need to let them settle in to see how they look but they appear to also be super tigers, also some with red striping. We will see if that is stress or true coloration tomorrow.
Old 08-07-2012, 02:18 AM   #19
Philia
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jone View Post
Hello, you say a few left for sale of the super tigers,,how many do you think is left??? also are you getting more in your next shrimpment??
YES! My questions exactly. Thank you for beating me to it. Though, damm, I guess that gives you dibs on the "few left"...
Philia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:39 AM   #20
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

few is not few in the hobbyist sense, it means more that I have a few dozen berried, and I don't want to get rid of all of them That means there are young, subadults, and other adults there but I am doing restrictred sales so as to not deplete the entire breeding colony. It can be iffy to reimport shrimp and have them come in well, so a majority of what I sell is home bred. If I sold ALL that I got, it would be a constant supply of unconditioned shrimp. I prefer to keep a good brood stock, bring in new (in a separate tank) and then mix them when they are conditioned.
Old 08-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #21
Philia
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

That makes perfect sense. I'm actually about to PM you re: shrimp advice in general. I have my eye on the Tigers, though

(... aaaand writing that just put a certain '80s song in my head that I will have to replace so it's not there all day. *wanders off to listen to other music*)
Philia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:13 PM   #22
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

bwahahaha thanks a lot! Now it is stuck in MY head too! No deal for you :p i kid i kid

off to mow the lawn and then I will catch up with the rest of my email and pm's- if I don't mow the lawn soon, I think a tiger could hide in the tall grass.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #23
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
few is not few in the hobbyist sense, it means more that I have a few dozen berried, and I don't want to get rid of all of them That means there are young, subadults, and other adults there but I am doing restrictred sales so as to not deplete the entire breeding colony. It can be iffy to reimport shrimp and have them come in well, so a majority of what I sell is home bred. If I sold ALL that I got, it would be a constant supply of unconditioned shrimp. I prefer to keep a good brood stock, bring in new (in a separate tank) and then mix them when they are conditioned.
So does that mean you'd let 4-5 of them go? Or, how have the new ones done so far since they arrived yesterday? I'm hoping to get a small mixed bag of shrimp, something like 5 tigers, 5 yellows, 5-10 Sakura/PFR cherries.

Old 08-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #24
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru

Also, do you ever get in bichirs?

Old 08-07-2012, 06:12 PM   #25
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

Quote:
So does that mean you'd let 4-5 of them go? Or, how have the new ones done so far since they arrived yesterday? I'm hoping to get a small mixed bag of shrimp, something like 5 tigers, 5 yellows, 5-10 Sakura/PFR cherries.
The new ones did awful, just like I thought they would. I am pretty ticked offa bout it, but glad that I have the qt procedures that I do and that they were not mixed with my existing breeding stock. I could do 4-5, but will hold off for a few weeks after that as I want to let the ladies drop their berries and start growing out some young.

Quote:
Also, do you ever get in bichirs?
Yes, I have endlis in stock now (Polypterus endlicheri endlicheri) at 4". Keep in mind, they grow to 30"
Old 08-09-2012, 09:18 PM   #26
honda237
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (30/100%)

hopefully in a couple months when i have all the tanks situated, and an open tank, i will be placing a super tiger and nerite order.

Nikon Pimp #068
honda237 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 03:40 PM   #27
Bananariot
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

I'm going back to college in about 2 weeks, do you think you'll still have corydoras pygmaeus?

Also whats the scientific name of the non babaulti dark green shrimp?
Bananariot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:36 PM   #28
Cocobid
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (15/100%)

Hi there.. Karen/cocobid here. Can you get Striped Kuhlies? I would really like a few more. I know they can be difficult to ship. Was hoping for a few in early fall. TY Karen
Beyond that...just gave up counting vessels
2232~~Eheim Pimp Club#261
Cocobid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:11 AM   #29
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananariot View Post
I'm going back to college in about 2 weeks, do you think you'll still have corydoras pygmaeus?

Also whats the scientific name of the non babaulti dark green shrimp?
I hope to! I ordered more pygmaeus, and they didn't come in again. Still have a decent quantity in stock, but I do have a few group buys with clubs coming up. I will continue to order more

As for the dark greens, I jjust know they are a cardina sp "dark green", i doubt it has been formally classified, or if it has, I am unsure of the determination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobid View Post
Hi there.. Karen/cocobid here. Can you get Striped Kuhlies? I would really like a few more. I know they can be difficult to ship. Was hoping for a few in early fall. TY Karen
They really give me the heeby jeebies!
Old 08-14-2012, 02:04 AM   #30
xenxes
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (37/100%)

Rachael what is the hue on your palmata blueberries? Light/dark blue? Red/brown-blue or Greenish/yellowish-blue? Can't really tell from that pic :/

?
xenxes is offline   Reply With Quote