What to visit in Philly? - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Pennsylvania

Old 06-28-2012, 05:05 AM   #31
Aheartlessfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (5/100%)

Giant aquarium has a 20 gal Cr's tank 10 a pop last I was there nt y
Aheartlessfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2012, 08:31 PM   #32
joon
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to joon

go to hiddenreef and they have those awesome driftwood i never saw before
called twisted rosewood

joon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #33
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (9/100%)

nice car scape!!!
Fishies_in_Philly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:11 AM   #34
chomper149
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

went to giant aquarium today after hearing you guys talk about it. The store is very nice in terms of fish. First time i saw i spotted shovelnose catfish, wanted one for yrs and it was reasonably priced. Otherwise the setup was amazing, but he should really invest in better filtration or particle fitration. water was kinda murky/ hard to see the fish. otherwise the setup was awesome. awesome fish. One question how fast the products on the shelf move.
chomper149 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 06:40 AM   #35
Aheartlessfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

haha i doubt they move at all to be honest...he just probably has them just to have them

im pretty sure he makes all of his income by selling the exotic fish. They alone can make up for the stock on the shelf.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:37 AM   #36
Aheartlessfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

so i was in philly today with some friends for shopping and eating purposes and i ran across a fish store near Franklin mills mall. Believe its called something like "Fish & Aquarium in Bensalem". I must say i was very sad. Tanks were totally covered in algae, selection was horrid. If anyone knows the owner they should speak with them. If i ran a petstore i would never let my tanks get to that point (not to mention there wasnt that many). Need i say no one ever greeted me nor asked if i needed any help.

On the nicer side, i believe they own a small used aquariums and supplies warehouse about 2 minutes down the street. Although very small, had some nice high end stuff for the freshwater planted/saltwater lovers for a decent price, although ebay/forums would probably be the better choice. I am always a huge fan of used supplies Although i didnt buy anything, just wanted to share my adventure.

I didnt have much time to spend in philly, nor did i drive, so i didnt visit any of my regular routine stores or bills petshop. Just wanted to share my 2 cents

Last edited by Aheartlessfish; 07-29-2012 at 03:38 AM.. Reason: adding more
Old 07-29-2012, 05:45 PM   #37
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aheartlessfish View Post
so i was in philly today with some friends for shopping and eating purposes and i ran across a fish store near Franklin mills mall. Believe its called something like "Fish & Aquarium in Bensalem". I must say i was very sad. Tanks were totally covered in algae, selection was horrid. If anyone knows the owner they should speak with them. If i ran a petstore i would never let my tanks get to that point (not to mention there wasnt that many). Need i say no one ever greeted me nor asked if i needed any help.

On the nicer side, i believe they own a small used aquariums and supplies warehouse about 2 minutes down the street. Although very small, had some nice high end stuff for the freshwater planted/saltwater lovers for a decent price, although ebay/forums would probably be the better choice. I am always a huge fan of used supplies Although i didnt buy anything, just wanted to share my adventure.

I didnt have much time to spend in philly, nor did i drive, so i didnt visit any of my regular routine stores or bills petshop. Just wanted to share my 2 cents
Yeah, bensalem aquarium has been garbage for years. And the place down the street is owned by another store. Personally, i thought they were over priced for what they had, unless you're a reefer, then their prices are reasonable.
Sorry, bill's aquarium was closed due to the fact that the owner is in cape may. But if i knew you were coming out, i would have made arrangements with my son to show you my tanks. Give me notice next time you're in town
Old 07-29-2012, 06:24 PM   #38
Aheartlessfish
Planted Tank Obsessed

haha i wasnt driving or planning on visiting any fish stores that day. Will do next time also lost your number bill it saved to my phone instead of my sim, which i cant find no more :P pm me it again or text my number if u still have it ha!
Old 08-01-2012, 09:07 PM   #39
jreich
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (3/100%)

That pet store sold me mice with mites. Never bin to the warehouse. Drove by it a million times and never noticed it. Any lfs sell atomic Diffusers?
jreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:55 AM   #40
Rush3737
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

Bill, where exactly is your store located?

I'll be down for the Flyers game Saturday and might try and drop by before/after the game.
Rush3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #41
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Hahahaha......tony meant my house. It's more like a petshop more than most petshops.....lol
Old 02-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #42
Rush3737
Planted Tank Obsessed

Oh. :lol

In that case, if you had to pick one place in the city or a short hop off of 76, 476, or 95 to hit what would you recommend? Really I'll just be looking to browse fish/plants, so selection is the most important thing.

Edit: Dear lord... how do you people live here without a :lol icon!

Last edited by Rush3737; 02-17-2013 at 01:02 AM.. Reason: Edit
Old 02-17-2013, 01:05 AM   #43
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

Depends. If you are looking for fish or plants and you are near 476 the old capt. Nemo's is the place. Jt's now called nature's pet, i believe. If you need equipment and are near 95 north, hidden reef in levittown is the place. Excellent prices on equipment. Good selection of fish. Not a great selection. But their hard goods prices are tough to beat
Old 02-17-2013, 01:18 AM   #44
Rush3737
Planted Tank Obsessed

Okay, I've been able to visit Captain Nemo's twice now and Levittown is way out of my way, so maybe I'll just plan on something else to do while in the city, or perhaps I'll make the extra trek, have the week to decide!
Old 02-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #45
Fishies_in_Philly
Planted Tank Guru

the decision would be easy for me. i would sell the flyers tickets, buy some iron pigs tickets and buy fish/plants with the surplus cash.....LOL