Need some ideas...
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion > Riparium/Terrarium/Vivarium

Old 10-20-2005, 06:20 PM   #1
PinkRasbora
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via MSN to PinkRasbora

Need some ideas...

I would like to construct a tank for an anoile, and I have no idea where to start. I already did some research on the repitile, but is there a really acurate site that I might have missed, that you could share.

Also is it good to have a waterfall feature with a anoile, since the retile doesn't like to be wet all the time?

And here is my newbie question of the day:

Is a ten gallon tank large enough for one lizard? Or does he need a freind, other then lots of plants?

Is there a supplier other then Black Jungle?
PinkRasbora is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2005, 06:16 PM   #2
shuks
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Im not to sure what you mean by the waterfall effect, but here is an idea of mine that I'm going to do with my 30 gallon...

It's going to be turned into a vivarium. about 1/4 water for fish, and 3/4 plants and rock for frogs and anoli. Im going to make a waterfall effect with an HOB filter. I'll build piles of rocks up in the corners like little islands. Then im going to grow moss -that I found in my back yeard- all over the rocks. The hob is going to act like a water fall, falling onto the rock island. I'm going to have to silicon glue all the rocks in place so they can stay up.

Then I take a thick plastic garbage bag and put it betweyne the rocks and the glass. It will seperate the dirt form the fish water. Then I plant everything with terestrial plants and some easy growing aquadic plants and ferns. Its kind-of hard to clearly explain this idea, especialy the rock and garbage bad thing, but once I'm done I think it will look really cool. Ill post some pics when it's finnished
Old 10-28-2005, 04:38 AM   #3
Samosette
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

unless you do a calm stream of water... water splashing a ten gallon will get it all wet... Maybe you should go a little bigger? 20 gallon long would be great! for something like an anole..... or perhaps a calm stream would be better with the use of a powerhead.... Anyways I made a palaudrium??? out of my 20 gallon tank. Its almost half full of water... and I used a small hob filter to start the waterfall..... like shuks said hes gonna do. It works great!! only thing is that I used a powerhead to pump the water up to the filter... and didnt use the filter(motor) to suck up the water.... cause it couldnt. Wish I had a camera to take a picture of it so I could post it, but I dont and I really liked how it turned out, very peacfull.
Samosette is offline   Reply With Quote