CryptKeeper54's Fluval Edge
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2012, 05:44 AM   #1
CryptKeeper54
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default CryptKeeper54's Fluval Edge

My Fluval Edge 6 gallon tank arrived today. I'm late to the party, but going to enjoy this setup. Nice and contemporary design. LED lighting could be more intense, definitely less intense then my eheim aquastyle lights, but the spectrum of 7600K is very pleasing to the eyes. Makes my eheim aquastyle lights look yellow. Checking for leaks. Silicone seams are not bad (looking at ADA tanks just spoiled my perception of every other tank out there as far as quality and build). Plastic base and top seems a bit flimsy but serves its purpose. I think I'm gonna have a friend build a replica base with koa wood. That wood look pimp, classy and highend as hell. Anyways, always fun to start with a blank slate.

Going to use Fluval Stratum... plants I'm thinking of using: Crypt wendtii in corners, anubias nana petite used as borders, s.repens somewhere, crypt parva as foreground, branchwood and stones (forgot name...yamana stone? Got to check LFS Aquascapes for name). Will plan for a low maintenence tank. The more I look at the tank, the more I think it needs white decorative sand somewhere to brighten up the tank. Comments and suggestions welcomed. Going to donate this tank to a friend. Building this tank for the sake of plantednanotanks.com.

CLUBS: 12 Gal Long Club,***Nikon Pimp #062***
RETIRED: ADA Mini M, Schuber Wright Mini 66, Fluval Spec, Fluval Spec V, EheimAquastyle 6g, Fluval Edge 6g, 44 Pentagon
Owner/Creator of Plantednanotanks.com
CryptKeeper54 is offline   Reply With Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.