would you pay this much for this tank? - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > Other Websites

Old 06-16-2012, 08:06 PM   #76
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebwil View Post
ok, here's the worst one I could find http://madison.craigslist.org/for/3014639517.html. He had it "assessed"
Hard to say on that one without seeing a list of what they have. Some rare corals or fish are worth big money and I've seen SW tanks easily top that. More than likely like not and he's overhyping it but it's possible it is worth it. Also depends on lights on the tank, etc. Cheapo fixture could be $150, high tech ones can be $1000 alone.

A list would help though. It's like someone posting a shrimp tank with over 100 shrimp in it for sale. 100 cherries, maybe $100 worth of shrimp. 100 Taiwan Bee's, $4000 in shrimp. lol.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2012, 10:19 PM   #77
Pooky125
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via AIM to Pooky125 Send a message via MSN to Pooky125 Send a message via Yahoo to Pooky125 Send a message via Skype™ to Pooky125

From what little salty stuff I remember, it doesn't look like there's anything hugely valuable in there, though it's hard to tell from 2 little pictures. But, it does look extremely healthy and well taken care of. Fish included. I actually wouldn't be surprised if he got what he was asking for it, honestly.
Pooky125 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2012, 10:44 PM   #78
Bahugo
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (25/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by koebwil View Post
ok, here's the worst one I could find http://madison.craigslist.org/for/3014639517.html. He had it "assessed"
Depending on the stock list it could be well worth over 5k I lurk on some salty forums and you would be shocked at how much some people drop on a single coral frag. 180g is alot of coral space and it looks rather filled in, even more common corals you are still getting quite expensive.

Seeing as it is in a tattoo shop, "assessed" maybe he has it maintained by an outside source who does maintenance on the tank and asked how much it would be worth in their shop.. 10k for a healthy established salty tank doesn't seem shocking depending on what is in it and all that or maybe he started with barley anything 18 years ago and now it is completely filled in so he asked a shop how much the corals would be worth now days. Just guessing though *shrug*
Fraternity of dirt #8
Bahugo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2012, 01:16 AM   #79
Kitsune_Gem
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via Skype™ to Kitsune_Gem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahugo View Post
Depending on the stock list it could be well worth over 5k I lurk on some salty forums and you would be shocked at how much some people drop on a single coral frag. 180g is alot of coral space and it looks rather filled in, even more common corals you are still getting quite expensive.

Seeing as it is in a tattoo shop, "assessed" maybe he has it maintained by an outside source who does maintenance on the tank and asked how much it would be worth in their shop.. 10k for a healthy established salty tank doesn't seem shocking depending on what is in it and all that or maybe he started with barley anything 18 years ago and now it is completely filled in so he asked a shop how much the corals would be worth now days. Just guessing though *shrug*
Some of those corals would go for 100$ alone. The bigger they are, the more they are. A small rock (about the size of my palm) with about 6 mushrooms on it cost me 40$ and those are the cheap ones..
Old 06-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #80
WoodRiverTroutBum
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Without knowing what equipment is included I would say absolutely not. You could build a bigger and better system for that money more than likely. Besides that, creating your own is half the fun.
WoodRiverTroutBum is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 04:22 PM   #81
fplata
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)

i think he just added an extra 0 it should be $150 OBO
fplata is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-16-2012, 04:09 AM   #82
mrduna01
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

This one is missing the gas injector pack but still 10,000 bucks!

http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/3118686852.html
mrduna01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2012, 04:47 PM   #83
Aquatic Delight
H is for Hillstream

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrduna01 View Post
This one is missing the gas injector pack but still 10,000 bucks!

http://louisville.craigslist.org/grd/3118686852.html

lol he needs to list them seperatly, anyone who is willing to $10,000 on aquariums is going to want to buy someone elses problems lol. if i had that much to spend on a tank, i'm ripping out a wall and putting in a giant tank!

Hillstream/Boreno Loach Refuge

A Light Heart is Better than a Heavy Wallet.
Aquatic Delight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.