Quick questions about lighting specs - brands, pins, etc.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 10-25-2005, 08:51 PM   #1
anshim

PTrader: (0/0%)
Question

Quick questions about lighting specs - brands, pins, etc.

Hi everyone -

First of all, thanks for the advice on lighting wpg for my 20H.
I've been scouring online retailers for good prices on lighting equipment, and I have some quick questions. (By the way, I did try to find the answers to these questions via a forum search or google, but no luck...)

1. The only difference between the Coralife Aqualight for Marine tanks and the Coralife Aqualight for Freshwater is the type of bulbs they come with, right? In terms of hardware, they're exactly the same?

2. Straight pins vs. square pins on bulbs. It seems the advantage of straight pins is that it's easier to find replacement bulbs with that configuration. Square pins seem to be harder to come by. Is this true? Are there other pros/cons to getting a light strip with a particular configuration?

3. From what I've read in these forums, the top recommended brands of lighting are Coralife and Jalli, but I should stay away from Odyssea and JEBO. Satellite and Orbit brands seem to have mixed reviews. Any thoughts?

Thanks so much!!
anshim is offline   Reply With Quote