Laura's 55 Gallon High Tech Dirt Tank - Page 5
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 06-16-2012, 03:24 PM   #61
Laura
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to Laura Send a message via Skype™ to Laura

wow, didnt realize it has been so long since my last update. Well I realized last night that my CO2 tank went out so quickly the last time because my regulator shot craps, so I ordered a Victor dual stage regulator and a new clippard mouse solenoid from Btimmer92. I'm hoping it all gets shipped out quickly so that I can get this dang system running. Some of my plants are growing like weeds without any co2 injection and no fertilizers, but I have hair algae. I'm hoping to get that under control very soon.

My vals and Limno sessiflora are taking over my tank. I'm looking into replacing the Limno with Myrio. I like the looks of that a lot better. Im not sure what I am going to do about the vals. They look nice but they spread like wild fire. My crypts and my rose sword are all doing pretty well right now. I expect them to absolutely thrive once I get my co2 back on there. I lost most of my Blyxa when I moved it over to the new tank. Two of the 6 plants survived, one split, the other is barely doing anything. Hoping that starts to take off soon too.

I'm thinking about getting a loach to take care of my snail problem. the assassin snails I have are just not doing their job.... if they are even in there. I've not seen them in at least a month.

All of my fish are doing great. THe angels are growing like weeds, my otos are getting big. I've got one that has an orange head. He's super cool. My cory's are all doing well too.

I'll get pics put up as soon as I can do some rescaping and get some control on these vals. They may just come out all together. I don't know but I am really not happy with them at all right now.
Laura is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2012, 01:41 AM   #62
Laura
Planted Member

after waiting entirely too long for the flip up legs for my light I finally got them in and guess what... THEY DON'T FIT RIGHT! Imagine that... I'm very disappointed.
Old 07-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #63
cturner
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)

Officially subscribed! I just got a 55 from Petco's $1 per gallon sale and I'm itching to get it set up as well. My 20 is busting at the seams with plants.

That is one nice big peice of driftwood and those angels are purdy too!
cturner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #64
Laura
Planted Member

Awesome! What kind of filter are you going to run on it? I just scored a HW-302 for under $50 shipped today for my 38 Revival.
Old 07-13-2012, 11:27 PM   #65
cturner
Algae Grower

PTrader: (9/100%)

Well I have a Rena XP3 running on my 20, yes I said on my 20 gallon. I really like the filtration on my 20 gallon from the XP3 even though it's extremely over filtered. I wanted to get a filter to replace the Rena on my 20 and put it on the 55 then. But then I just thinking I should just save up for and XP4 for the 55. Money is tight so I've been looking for deals. I found a sun sun canister but the guy that was selling decided to refund my money a day later saying he sold it locally.
cturner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2012, 04:15 AM   #66
Laura
Planted Member

Oh. I had an xp4 on my 125 that I had for a couple of red eared sliders. Awesome filters. I think I like my SunSun as much as that one. I got the smallest one, which would be perfect for your 20 imo (not that you asked lol) I should have ordered a larger one for the 55 but oh well. My angels don't complain much lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.